Matrix Games, Slitherine (www.slitherine.com), and Wastelands Interactive (www.wastelands-interactive.com) are happy to announce the release of the v1.04 update for the turn-based World War II grand strategy game Strategic War in Europe. The latest update adds new features to improve gameplay while at the same time implementing necessary fixes.
One of the new features in the Strategic War in Europe update gives players the ability to configure certain features in scenarios. With this new option, players can choose to play without features such as research, purchasing, changing unit types, leveling up units and more. Gameplay improvements were also made, such as increasing the chance of detecting enemy ships and increasing fleet movement points. The v1.04 update also crushes a few bugs for a more improved gameplay experience.
To get the v1.04 update, visit the download page for Strategic War in Europe. The v1.04 update is comprehensive and will bring all versions of Strategic War in Europe to version 1.04.
- Corrected lack of war between Soviet Union and Finland in 1943 and 1944 scenarios
- Finland has been added to the Axis alliance in 1941, 1942, 1943 and 1944 scenarios
- Fixed issues with creating new convoys
- Corrected starting Action Points for air units in 1943 and 1944 scenarios
Corrected problems with distributing supplies within alliance
- Fleet movement points increased to 4 (was 2)
- Increased basic chance to detect enemy ships to 50 (was 30)
- Increased engagement chance to 50 (was 30)
- Implemented possibility to disable following functions in scenario: research, purchase, changing unit type, leveling units; all is available in the info.ini file within the scenario folder
- New option in the preferences window allowing turning of fleet popup windows
For more information on Strategic War in Europe, visit the official product pages on the Slitherine or Matrix Games website.
About Strategic War in Europe
A tabletop wargame on right on your PC! Strategic War in Europe allows you to play a computer game which looks and plays as a tabletop wargame, but you don't need to find a human opponent.
Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in the game. War, diplomacy, technological progress, recruitment, conquest – this is all in your hands. There are no restrictions to the actions you can perform during your turn: unit movement, purchase, attack, technology investment, reinforcement, all of those can be done at any moment during the turn.
< Message edited by Scott Parrino -- 9/25/2012 7:59:46 PM >