Matrix Games Forums

A new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!Deal of the Week Espana 1936War in the West coming in December!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

High command convinced but..a bug ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Tech Support >> High command convinced but..a bug ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
High command convinced but..a bug ? - 9/25/2012 3:05:48 PM   
olivier34

Hi,
I have decided to play the avoid astrakan card (I think on turn 34). What a surprise to see that it is still in my high command order report (I have check it on turn 38 if I remember. A bud or the high command is playing me ? 150 pps, I could have ask 40 more fighters !
(Keunert, if you read this, you have to know that an entire army is marching toward Astrakan now because I am a guy that follow the orders )

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: High command convinced but..a bug ? - 9/25/2012 5:32:24 PM   
Vic

Something is not right here indeed.
Just a quick question... Is it possible you played the card after having received the order? Could you recheck your turn from the 1st screenshot and tell me what orders you had active at that time?

I think this is the case. Its a glitch at least, no need to allow the player to make such costly futile moves. Although not completely futile because if you fail to reach Astrakhan you at least wont get the order again.

If i am right than it has been fixed already in v1.03. (games started with v1.03 that is).

Best,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 9/25/2012 5:35:42 PM >

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to olivier34)
Post #: 2
RE: High command convinced but..a bug ? - 9/25/2012 8:46:52 PM   
olivier34

I played the card a few turns after I had receive the order. Did not know if it would work or not (I had done a test before but not looked at the next turn high command order. When I red I had convince the high command, I thought it was ok).
Should we be allowed to play this kind of card only before receiving the order ? it would make sence. I did not know if Astrakan would be very well defended or not. I even thought about waiting the very last time (4th of october) to play the card. Would have been gamey.
Those cards should become inactive after we receive the order. Am I right ?
Best
Olivier

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: High command convinced but..a bug ? - 9/26/2012 9:45:33 AM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: olivier34

I played the card a few turns after I had receive the order. Did not know if it would work or not (I had done a test before but not looked at the next turn high command order. When I red I had convince the high command, I thought it was ok).
Should we be allowed to play this kind of card only before receiving the order ? it would make sence. I did not know if Astrakan would be very well defended or not. I even thought about waiting the very last time (4th of october) to play the card. Would have been gamey.
Those cards should become inactive after we receive the order. Am I right ?
Best
Olivier

I just checked things. What i changed in v1.03 is that you no longer can play the card if you actually captured the town in question.

I am going to see what I can do to make things easier and keep the option is in to abort the German high command wish.

What i probably do is make the card cancel your current order. So make High Command actually retract the Astrakhan order when you pay your whopping 150 pp!

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to olivier34)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Tech Support >> High command convinced but..a bug ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI