Matrix Games Forums

Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Total Noob looking for an experienced opponent for first ever PBEM campaign

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Opponents Wanted >> Total Noob looking for an experienced opponent for first ever PBEM campaign Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Total Noob looking for an experienced opponent for firs... - 9/25/2012 9:56:23 AM   
Bonners

Sneaks head nervously above the parapet. I'm brand new to PC strategy gaming although I played a lot of board games in my youth. I've played through the scenarios, finished my first campaign as Axis and have played a couple of turns of my first Soviet campaign.

My preference would be to play Case Blue full. I am happy to play either side, but would want to play with the following house rules, as from my own experiences and reading AARs on here there is a slight bias towards the Axis:

1. The Soviet player has free set up but for AIRCRAFT ONLY. I think the Axis should be able to commit airstrikes on turn 1, but they should have to try and find the Soviet airfields first.

2. No dismissal rule. I reckon it is just a little too harsh early on for the Soviets.

3. Common sense should prevail on the northern map edge. Due to objectives given from high command the Axis will end up beyond the Don, but they cant just keep advancing. See Olivier's AAR for a rough example of how far to go, I dont think this can be set in stone though.

From my playthroughs so far I've found that it takes me far longer to play the early turns, so I reckon I can manager about 3-4 turns a week in the early part of the game, but that should increase later on. I generally play in the week (evenings UK time) as dont get much time at weekends.

As it says in the title I am looking for a more experienced opponent to help me learn the game (I'm quite prepared to take a beating) and will play either side quite happily. Also to to talk me through how to set up the game as I've never played a multi player game before; so expect some stupid questions when trying to set it up!

Cheers Bonners

EDIT: I'm using the public Beta v1.03

< Message edited by Bonners -- 9/25/2012 10:03:49 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Total Noob looking for an experienced opponent for ... - 9/26/2012 9:19:40 PM   
Bonners

Brilliant, got my first opponent. We're playing with the custom rules as above with me as Axis, so I'll put the odd post in the AAR section to give an idea of how we think they affect the game, if at all.

(in reply to Bonners)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Opponents Wanted >> Total Noob looking for an experienced opponent for first ever PBEM campaign Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI