Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to make a new island with a new port - problem

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> Mods and Scenarios >> How to make a new island with a new port - problem Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to make a new island with a new port - problem - 9/24/2012 2:59:13 PM   
Ariennye

Hello Doomtrader,
hello everybody!

I want to ask you (all) to help me out with a little problem, I have.
I want to add a new island and with a harbour. I have written down the steps I did. Please be so kind and have a look, where I have done something wrong.

A. Making a new island:

1. Scenario folder
First chose the scenario you want to edit. I took 1939. There I made a total copy of the folder with all files in it. Then I renamed the new folder: '1939_Spain'. Then I edited the file 'info.ini' and rewrote the second line so that it read: Name =1939_Spain
This is to find the new scenario within the game itself.

2. SWIE
Now I started SWIE and found me a place where my new island will be placed. I wanted the canaries and chose the hex (12,39) for the island and the harbour. The hex for the friendly fleet will be (11,39) and the one for the enemy will be (11,40). The new island will be placed in the "South Atlantic". The Node-ID for this Sea-Node will be revealed later.

3. SWIE-Editor
I fired up the SWIE-Editor and open the new scenario '1939_Spain'. Then I placed at hex 12,39 a plain hex. The editor came up with an error-message but I ignored it and saved the Scenario anyway. Then I closed and restarted the Editor. No Problems!

4. SWIE-Editor
Now I chose the 'owner and controler button' in the editor and set the hooks at 'draw controller', 'draw owner' and 'draw original owner'. Then I made Spain the owner and controller of the new Island. I saved the scenario again started the game. Voila, Spain has a new island :)

B. Making a new port:

5. cities.csv
I edited the file cities.csv. The columns will be: Name, X-Position, Y-position, Type (3 for port), Victory Points, Production points, Own Supply, Strategic Bombardement.
I add a new row and filled in: Canaries, 12, 39, 3, 5, 10, 10, 0
(okay, a really big port. But it is just for testing ;) )

6. sea_nodes.csv
I edited the file sea_nodes.csv and made a new port. The columns will be:Node-ID (!), Name, Size, actual size, X-Position of the port city, Y-Position of the port city, X-Position of the Place, where the own fleet will be placed on the map, Y-Position too, X-Position of the Place, where the enemy fleet will be placed on the map, Y-Position too.
I add a new row and filled in: 67, Canaries, 9, 9, 12, 39, 11, 39,11, 40
(as I said, a big port!)
Here I can reveal the Node-ID of the 'South Atlantic'. It is: 57.

7. sea_edges.csv
Here will be placed the connections between the new port and the Sea-Node in which the port is placed. Since there is no strait, it is just simple.
Important is, that we have to add two rows. One for the way there and one for the way back.
The columns will be Node-ID 1, Node-ID two, -1, -1
The '-1' has to be, since there is no strait.
I add two new rows and filled in:
67, 57, -1, -1
57, 67, -1, -1

8. CWIE
I now start the game and cose the scenario '1939_Spain'. Everything there!
Since I have to edit the file cities_diagram.csv, I chose two ports to which the new port of the canaries will have connections. That would be Tangier and Lisbon. I wrote down the coordinates: Tangier (17/37), Lisbon (16/31).

9. cities_diagram.csv
Here will be noted the connections between the cities itself. It is for the AI to have a clue, what to do with the canaries.
Important here too, to add two rows each. One for the way there and one for the way back.
The columns will be City 1 X-Pos, City 1 Y-Pos, City 2 X-Pos, City 2 Y-Pos, Connection Type (1 = Sea, 0 = Land).
I add four new rows and filled in:
12, 39, 17, 37, 1
17, 37, 12, 39, 1
12, 39, 16, 31, 1
16, 31, 12, 39, 1

That should be all. Should be. And here comes my problem:

I am not able to move a fleet into or out of the port. In the port, there is no destination and in the South Atlantic there are not the Canaries as destination.

Please be so kind and tell me, what I did wrong.

Thank you all,

Ariennye
Post #: 1
RE: How to make a new island with a new port - problem - 9/24/2012 4:38:12 PM   
doomtrader

Hi Ariennye.

Did you changed the ntry directing the scenario to the right folder?
[Save]
Impulse = 0
GameDay = 1
GameMonth = 9
GameYear = 1939
ScenarioName = 1939
Turn = 0
GameVersion = 1.04

(in reply to Ariennye)
Post #: 2
RE: How to make a new island with a new port - problem - 9/24/2012 6:33:53 PM   
Ariennye

Hi Doomtrader,
quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Hi Ariennye.

Did you changed the entry directing the scenario to the right folder?
[Save]
Impulse = 0
GameDay = 1
GameMonth = 9
GameYear = 1939
ScenarioName = 1939
Turn = 0
GameVersion = 1.04

you talked about the info.ini, right?
I tried that... and it worked! Now I was able to move fleets into and out of the new port!
Thank you a lot. That seems te have it been. Small cause but a great problem :)

Very well... Next step now is to form an new nation. Is it possible to add a nation or do I have to use an unused one like San Marino or Liechtenstein?

Thank you again,

Ariennye

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 3
RE: How to make a new island with a new port - problem - 9/24/2012 11:44:30 PM   
doomtrader

Yes,
I was talking about that file.

It is possible to add a new nation, however it is much simpler to edit existing one, as the dumb and pbem_country must be always the two last countries.

(in reply to Ariennye)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> Mods and Scenarios >> How to make a new island with a new port - problem Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI