Feeling a little stupid...

The development team behind the award-winning games Decisive Campaigns: From Warsaw To Paris and Advanced Tactics is back with a new and improved game engine that focuses on the decisive year and theater of World War II! Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue simulates the German drive to Stalingrad and into the Caucasus of the summer of 1942, as well as its May preludes (2nd Kharkov offensive, Operation Trappenjagd) and also the Soviet winter counter-offensive (Operation Uranus) that ended with the encirclement of 6th Army in Stalingrad and the destruction of the axis minor armies. With many improvements including the PBEM++ system, this is a release to watch for wargamers!

Moderator: Vic

mkjhartmann

Feeling a little stupid...

Post by mkjhartmann »

... but I have read the manual and for the life of me cannot figure out what the largest number on a unit counter, the one right below the NATO symbol, means? Is it some sort of combined combat power given units and supply, or what? It's obviously a key number, and somehow I can't figure out. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Mike
LiquidSky

RE: Feeling a little stupid...

Post by LiquidSky »

Its the 'hitpoints' of the unit. Infantry count in groups of 100. Guns and afv's in groups of 5.

For example:

1800 men, 15 25mm guns would be 18 for the infantry and 5 for the men..added together would show 23 on the counter

Related to this is Integrity...which is the percentage of strength left in the counter. If a counter could have 50 but only has 45 then it would show 90 integrity.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
mkjhartmann

Post by mkjhartmann »

Thank you Liquidsky. I appreciate it. So does the number shown on the counter reflect the integrity adjusted number, or the raw number?
LiquidSky

Post by LiquidSky »

Its the raw number.. you can look at the unit details and do the math.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

Return to “Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue”