Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: DivePac(Ger) vs Jim D Burns(Sov), (No Jim)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: DivePac(Ger) vs Jim D Burns(Sov), (No Jim) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: DivePac(Ger) vs Jim D Burns(Sov), (No Jim) - 10/29/2012 5:02:57 AM   
DivePac88

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pelton

SHC has the upper hand right now, but you still have time to get the 3 million KIA needed.

Hi Pelton, and thanks... But I think you're being too optimistic old chap, and basically I'm screwed.

He will in all probability be outside Berlin in the spring of 1944, but I'm going to bet him around the head while he is doing it.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 61
RE: DivePac(Ger) vs Jim D Burns(Sov), (No Jim) - 10/30/2012 9:12:30 AM   
DivePac88

I'm a bit bored... I'm waiting for the turn to come back from Jim, and I've finished planning the next more, as much as I can without seeing it.

So I though I'd share with you one of my super-secret vengeance weapons, the 'trained-attack' anti-tank squirrel or TA-ATS. Which is basically a common squirrel, trained to spot, then load itself onto the launcher. The launcher is normally hidden in a tree or camouflaged on a house porch. The squirrel aims the launcher at the tank, then fires, making some inflight corrects the land on the tank. The squirrel then enters the tank though a hatch, and attacks the enemy crew, forcing them to abandon the tank. Two refined versions a now under development, an explosive and a incendiary carrier. But these to prototypes a not operational yet, owing to teething problems.

Here is a film of the launcher in action -

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 62
RE: DivePac(Ger) vs Jim D Burns(Sov), (No Jim) - 10/30/2012 9:25:27 AM   
randallw

One of Hitler's wonder-weapons that was supposed to turn the tide of the war.

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 63
RE: DivePac(Ger) vs Jim D Burns(Sov), (No Jim) - 10/30/2012 8:47:09 PM   
Blubel

That's great. This should be issued to the Divisions immediatly.

What have you done with your map? It looks fantastic!

(in reply to randallw)
Post #: 64
RE: DivePac(Ger) vs Jim D Burns(Sov), (No Jim) - 10/30/2012 9:30:45 PM   
Pelton

How do you guys do that with maps?

I am tired of the same old one, yours looks interesting for sure.

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afmyypGyfng&list=PLrY4H4gWWBircAjo

(in reply to Blubel)
Post #: 65
RE: DivePac(Ger) vs Jim D Burns(Sov), (No Jim) - 11/1/2012 8:13:37 AM   
DivePac88

Hi Guys... I'm using goranw's map and here is the link to his thread - http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2643336&mpage=5&key=

Here is the download site also - http://www.mannaberg.se/, and you will need to download zips 1-22, 22-42, 43-63.

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 66
DivePac(Ger) vs Jim D Burns(Sov), (No Jim) - 11/8/2012 8:04:17 AM   
DivePac88

I've gone back to redmarkus4's German place names map, as goranw's wonderful map was too crowded for my old eyes. The counters a prototype set that I've made up myself, and are now testing.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 67
DivePac(Ger) vs Jim D Burns(Sov), (No Jim) - 11/8/2012 8:07:15 AM   
DivePac88

Situation for Week 12, starting from the 4th September, 1941.

Army Group North

On the Finnish front; the Finn’s have now closed up on the Soviet stop-lines to the east and west of Lake Ladoga. To the south of Leningrad the 18th Army has completed mopping-up most of the Russian divisions trapped in operation ‘Bee Keeper’, and will now close-up on Leningrad’s defensive belt. The 3rd motorized division of Panzergroup 4 is to complete the destruction of the Trapped Soviet units, while the remainder of the Panzergroup will move into a resupply position to the south of Leningrad.

The plan for the next stage of operations in this army group area will now solely focus on the isolation and capture of Leningrad. The 18th Army is tasked with the siege an assault on the city, and will complete this objective regardless of losses. While Panzergroup 4 will first isolate Leningrad’s LOC from the east, then drive on Novgorod from the north. Finally the 16th Army is tasked with guarding the Army Group’s southern flank, and Maintain loose contact with Army Group Centre, while also sizing Novgorod with the support of the Panzer Group.

Army Group Center.

In the central area the 9th Army, 4th Army, and Panzer Groups 3, 4 continue with operation ‘Pied Piper’, which because of Stavka’s (Jim’s) stubborn defensive tactics is proving hard going. I plan to continue the advance eastward until I get a breakthrough and pocket, with the Infantry Army’s keeping good solid flanks to the Panzergroup’s thrusts. It may take another 2 weeks to a achieve this, but I know I can move faster than him, and will ultimately get my pocket plus Smolensk.

Finally is the southern region of this Army Group the 2nd Army is slowly establishing a front to the east of the Marshes, while maybe in a month’s time form a solid front and establish contact with Army Group South. Also in this area Stavka has been up to his old habit, of launching annoying little local spoiling attacks. When he isolated my 2 Cavalry units and a security regiment west of Gomel, by crossing the Dnepr with a rifle and probably a cavalry division.

Army Group South

The 6th Army has cleared the west bank of the Dnepr of all but 2 enemy rifle divisions, and with a well supported 3 infantry division assault taken Kiev. The 17th Army with a Hungarian Corps supporting it has successfully cleared all enemy from the west bank of the Dnepr in the Cherkassy area, and is preparing to force a bridgehead on the east bank. While Panzergroup 1 is now concentrated behind the 17th Army, and will advance though the 17th Army when the infantry can establish a solid bridgehead.

Meanwhile in the southern region of this Army Group the 11th Army, and the 3rd, 4th Rumanian Armies are still closing-up with the Soviets, who have now withdrawn behind the River Ingulets. Plus the 11th Army along with an Italian Corps and Rumanian support have mopped-up the enemy units trapped around Odessa, and also captured the city of Nikolaev. The basic plan in the southern region is to force the Russians back to the Dnepr, before launching Panzer Group 1 in a future operation south of Zaporozhe.

End.

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 68
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> After Action Reports >> RE: DivePac(Ger) vs Jim D Burns(Sov), (No Jim) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI