Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy Mega Pack releases on SteamDeal of the Week Da Vinci's Art of WarCivil War II Patch 1.4 public BetaHappy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

updated demo?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> updated demo? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
updated demo? - 9/22/2012 6:42:07 PM   
**budd**

Is there going to be an updated demo. I noticed the demo is 1.4. I was looking at the system specs and it says no integrated video, which is what i have. I have been playing the 1.4 demo without problems. would there be any reason that i wouldn't be able to run the game under 1.5? I have a newer core I3 with 8 gigs of ram, only 128 dedicated video memory the rest is shared.

as side note i looked in the store and the price for the game is listed in NOK currency prices for me, where it should US. I cleared my cache and all my browsing data and the problem remains.

< Message edited by **budd** -- 9/22/2012 6:51:43 PM >

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.
Post #: 1
RE: updated demo? - 9/22/2012 9:33:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Budd,

If the 1.4 demo works for you, the full 1.5 game will work fine. The no integrated video is the best warning we could give folks that this game really does better with dedicated video cards. However, some integrated video cards are powerful enough
to handle it, but those are the exception rather than the rule.

The currency issue is a rare bug with the store. You can ignore the displayed price and click to buy the download or physical version and you should see the correct currency in your cart.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
Director of Product Development

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 2
RE: updated demo? - 9/23/2012 1:03:30 AM   
**budd**

Thx Erik,

Part of me was hoping you'd say it wouldn't work, I have too many damn games already
guess one more won't hurt.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 3
RE: updated demo? - 9/23/2012 4:02:45 AM   
Norb

We not sure on updating the demo, as the old one is a good example of the gameplay. It's already out on a ton of download sites, so I'm not sure of the benefit of creating a new one.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 4
RE: updated demo? - 9/25/2012 1:19:27 AM   
Jim_NSD

Right now the Dev team is focused on nailing down the last bits on Chancellorsville. Updating the demo will not even be looked at seriously until after CV is released.

-Jim

Design Lead: Scourge of War

"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont Infantry, 2 July 1863

(in reply to Norb)
Post #: 5
RE: updated demo? - 9/25/2012 1:41:30 AM   
**budd**

Well i enjoyed the demo enough to purchase the game. Other than the mods improving the look of the full game, the 1.4 demo i feel gives you an accurate enough picture of what to expect from the game. Enjoying my first foray into civil war gaming of this type, nice break from WW2 gaming.

(in reply to Jim_NSD)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> updated demo? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI