Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Update List - Is This Correct Order?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Update List - Is This Correct Order? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/22/2012 4:44:01 PM   
KEYSTONE07950

I realize the hierarchy of updates is important. Is the below correct?

1 JMass QB mod 1.04
2 Addon Blau 1942 1.06
3 Addon Sokolova 1943 1.05
4 District update 1.03
5 Game update 3.08

Do I have the most up-to-date versions?

Thanks. Love the game play - HATE the update procedures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post #: 1
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/22/2012 4:54:49 PM   
z1812

I have just gone through the long process of setting up APOS ( long for me anyway ). Through all the posts I have read this seems to be the accepted way to install the updates and add ons. It has worked for me as well.

1. Game Update 3.08
2. District Update
3. Addon Blau
4. Addon Sokolovo

I am not sure about the J Mass Mod as I have not installed it yet. I presume it would be listed after the others. I don't know if the updates are the newest ones but if you downloaded them from gamersgate they probably are.

< Message edited by z1812 -- 9/22/2012 5:20:33 PM >

(in reply to KEYSTONE07950)
Post #: 2
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/22/2012 5:28:31 PM   
Dane49

This is what I have on my updater.

DLCs(addons) are basically mods and need no specific order.

Game updates should always be 1st thing updated or last line in updater,not sure whether district update needs to be in a specific order,but everything in my updater above the line of district update will not have to fall in any specfic order.

Keystone it seems you do not have latest versions for your DLCs.(add ons)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 9/22/2012 6:47:00 PM >

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 3
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/22/2012 6:05:09 PM   
Dane49

For those of you interested in the winter uniform mod-Skins Mod Ostfront Kharkov(I highly recommend it,very well done)
If installed remember that it is a quick battle compatable mod only,and will have to be disabled on your updater when playing campaigns otherwise you will not be able to save your games.

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 9/23/2012 12:57:11 AM >

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 4
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/22/2012 6:37:02 PM   
KEYSTONE07950

Dane:
Thanks. I will re-download the add-ons from Gamers Gate to get the most recent versions (and pick-up Krasnaya Polyana).

I may be playing APOS much less in the future due to the release of Jim Day's new version of the Panzer board game by GMT.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 5
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/22/2012 6:58:57 PM   
**budd**

here's my order that has worked for me since the 001 problem went away.

Attachment (1)

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Post #: 6
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/23/2012 4:24:09 AM   
Dane49

quote:

Thanks. I will re-download the add-ons from Gamers Gate to get the most recent versions (and pick-up Krasnaya Polyana).

Krasnaya Polyana is an interesting map.Campaign is very long too(about 20 turns)

The Russians and the Germans have a difference of opinion as to what really happened during this battle.

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 9/23/2012 4:30:07 AM >

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 7
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/24/2012 1:34:20 AM   
sandman2575

quote:

ORIGINAL: KEYSTONE07950

I realize the hierarchy of updates is important. Is the below correct?

1 JMass QB mod 1.04
2 Addon Blau 1942 1.06
3 Addon Sokolova 1943 1.05
4 District update 1.03
5 Game update 3.08

Do I have the most up-to-date versions?

Thanks. Love the game play - HATE the update procedures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May be worth noting that Sokolovo and Fall Blau have newer versions, as you can see from the other posts -- Sokolovo is up to version 1.07, and Blau up to 1.09. I only found out about this very incidentally on another site -- it turns out you have to re-download the scenarios, perhaps from a place like GamersGate if that's possible (not sure how Matrix is intending to handle this) --

It would be nice if Graviteam bothered to let folks know that scenarios have been updated. And this patching system is simply the worst of any game I've ever seen -- it could scarcely be more confusing and arcane. I love Achtung Panzer, but updating is needlessly confusing -- some straightforward documentation on how all this is supposed to work would, to say the least, be helpful...

Post #: 8
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/24/2012 2:16:17 AM   
Dane49

Graviteam does inform their customers of the updated versions,but not on this site.You will have to go to the Graviteam forums for that information.I think Graviteam lets Matrix decide how they want to present this information on their site.The next patch for this game is supposedly going to address the issue of the updating process and make it simpler.

The developers are Russian and understanding their methods can be quite frustrating,especially for us English speaking only players and a lot of the information regarding the updating process and new content versions etc... tends to get lost in translation.

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 9/24/2012 2:22:49 AM >

(in reply to sandman2575)
Post #: 9
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/24/2012 3:02:42 AM   
Dane49

I'm going to expand a little on my above post.Hopefully,it may shed some more light on the problems that most of us have wrestled with concerning this game.

Graviteam is a very small company based in the Ukraine with very limited resources whose developers basically work on and present this game in the off time of their primary jobs.It seems initially they had no intention of offering this game for sale in the West.

Increasing customer demand from the West though,gave Graviteam an opportunity to not only present this game to their new Western customers but also hopefully to a wider western audience,so they engaged a few publishers and distributors in the West to sell and promote these titles.Unfortunately some of these Publishers/Distributors went belly up while still holding the exclusive rights to the initial titles, leaving Graviteam holding the bag with little or no profits going to Graviteam for their labors and the copyrights to these titles left in a sort of legal limbo,to where if they(Graviteam) wanted to patch or add new content to the titles they initially released they would have to do it in a back alley sort of way involving as you see now this frustrating updating process.

I think Graviteam has learned from this experience and will no longer offer exclusive rights to their titles and you can expect hopefully in the future that things will be easier concerning the updating process as Graviteam expands these games into new games that are exclusive to Graviteam only and make more of an effort to stream line this process.

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 9/24/2012 1:41:24 PM >

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 10
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/24/2012 8:49:24 PM   
sandman2575

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dane49

Graviteam does inform their customers of the updated versions,but not on this site.You will have to go to the Graviteam forums for that information.I think Graviteam lets Matrix decide how they want to present this information on their site.The next patch for this game is supposedly going to address the issue of the updating process and make it simpler.

The developers are Russian and understanding their methods can be quite frustrating,especially for us English speaking only players and a lot of the information regarding the updating process and new content versions etc... tends to get lost in translation.

Dane, I appreciate your interest in defending Graviteam so to speak, but I think you're being a little disingenuous. I only came across the information about the scenario updates 'by the way' in reading one of the threads on the Graviteam website. There's nothing that I can find -- no stickied thread, for instance -- on the Graviteam's Achtung Panzer forum that indicates the scenarios were updated. If I'm wrong, I'm glad to be corrected, please point us to it.

I genuinely do not mean to bash or 'troll' Graviteam -- I'll state quite unequivocally that Acthung Panzer is one of the best games of any genre that I've ever played. But, I also think Graviteam doesn't really go out of their way to help their fanbase -- at least not the English speaking ones. The update process is quite needlessly confusing.

Case in point -- when you boot up AP, you see in the right hand corner that the latest version is "v.5.80 (1779) update May.12". OK fair enough. Now, when you look over your installed patches, you see the latest "Game Update" is "3.08." It's things like this I don't understand, and above all don't understand why it needs to be so unclear. Why am I playing v.5.80 if the last update is 3.08?? Why isn't there a clearly indicated sticky on the Graviteam site of what the latest updates are for the scenarios? And what the proper install order should be?

The fact that Keystone even has to start this thread indicates Graviteam needs to do a much better job communicating *basic* information about how to install their game and how to keep it up to date. We're all intelligent people here, and I'm sure we all appreciate that Graviteam is a small outfit, and obviously does not have anything like the kinds of resources and manpower available to bigger game developers. Nevertheless, we're not asking for much here -- just clear information on how to install and update.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 11
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/25/2012 12:09:21 AM   
Dane49

I just posted this in the Graviteam forum.

Can We get a list of all the current updates and DLC versions presentyly available to this game and post it as stickey,so anyone new to the game will have an easier time accessing that information as to the current status of their game.
There are some customers on the Matrix forum who would find this very helpful and were unaware that any new versions to the DLCs actually existed.
I think this will also be a helpful expedient service to anyone else who may be unaware of this information also.

It may seem like I'm defending Graviteam,but I consider myself sympathetic to the fact that Graviteam is a small group of developers who are basically artists and programmers and not sales,marketing and customer service reps.They probably bit off more than they can chew concerning this area of game development and sales.I think they had hoped that the publishers and distributors that they engaged to ofer this game for sale in the west would pick up the slack in this department for dealing with their non Russian speaking customers.

Maybe one day when they become successful enough,they can hire someone to fill that void.

I generally read all the new topics on this game and try to stay abreast of all current developments concerning the game and pass on any new information I think others might find helpful,but I'm not affiliated in any way with Graviteam and do it as a general service for my fellow gamers in hopes of making the game a more enjoyable experience for them.

I don't consider Graviteam a professional business model,but more of a group of artists who could use all the help they can get so they can concentrate on what they do best which is making and adding new content to a game I truly enjoy.I think given time Graviteam will most likely devote more resources to customer service and marketing or at the very least learn how to more effectively do this themselves,but then again maybe not.Regardless,I'm basically satisfied with what they have been able to accomplish thus far.Do I wish they made things simpler and easier?Sure,but I'm in no position to influence that.

Post #: 12
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/25/2012 12:59:50 AM   
sandman2575

Good idea to post on the Graviteam site -- thanks for that. I hope Andrey responds.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 13
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 9/25/2012 1:34:44 PM   
Dane49

All current versions and updates for APOS are now posted as a sticky on the Graviteam forum.

This list is due to change within the next 2-3 weeks as Graviteam releases its next game update(August patch).

Based on my own personal observations,you can expect that your game will usually have to be updated every 5-6 months.Or whenever a new DLC is released.

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 9/26/2012 5:19:20 AM >

Post #: 14
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 10/15/2012 10:15:23 PM   
Dane49

The new update list is posted as a stickey thread on the Graviteam forum site.
The list has been updated for the new engine and August patch.

So far the Engine and patch version are the only changes to the list,none of the DLCs have changed,but some mods are no longer compatable with the new changes.

Also Night Postman has released a new Summer and Winter uniform mod for the August update to replace his older unifom mod.
I really like the new uniform mod,lots of new Summer camo uniforms for both German and Russian units(though it does take a long time to download).
Be advised also that the new uniform mod is only compatable with the new updates.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 15
RE: Update List - Is This Correct Order? - 10/15/2012 10:19:18 PM   
Dane49

On another note the JMass mod if enabled for new August updates will have to be uninstalled as it will alter the UI in an unexceptable manner.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Update List - Is This Correct Order? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI