Downloading a full copy of SOWgb. [SOLVED]

Scourge of War is the definitive American Civil War grand tactical wargame of this generation. With impressive 3D graphics, an award-winning AI, pausable real-time play, historical battlefield terrain and orders of battle down to the regiment and battery level, Scourge of War captures the tactical challenges that faced the real Union and Confederate commanders more than 130 years ago.

This forum covers the main game Gettysburg and its two expansions Antietam, Pipe Creek, and Chancellorsville!

Moderator: MOD_ScourgeofWar

Mikesla

Downloading a full copy of SOWgb. [SOLVED]

Post by Mikesla »

I was just poking about looking to see if I could download a copy of Scourge of War Gettysburg (latest version), and I noticed that I am unable to download a new copy which brings me to asking this question.

Since the demo here is only a demo, what happens if my original copy gets destroyed, and I need to download a new copy? Please don't tell me I have to purchase another copy because that would not sit well with me at all.

It appears that I am only able to download the addon packs, not a up to date version of original SOW.

Anyway, just thought I would ask.
William Tecumseh Sherman: I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes.
Grim.Reaper

RE: Downloading a full copy of SOWgb.

Post by Grim.Reaper »

After I registered my games here at matrix, I am able to go to my games and download all of them, including the base game.
Mikesla

Post by Mikesla »

ORIGINAL: Grim.Reaper

After I registered my games here at matrix, I am able to go to my games and download all of them, including the base game.

Hmmmm, Thank You. I guess I haven't seen the link then.

Thanks again Grim Reaper.
William Tecumseh Sherman: I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes.
Mikesla

Post by Mikesla »

I have to be blind, I see no link that allows me to download a fresh copy of Scourge of War Gettysburg. It only offers me two options here (while being logged in to my account), the first is download the demo, or purchase one or both of the addon packs.

I think I need step by step instructions here because if I can't download a fresh copy I am going to be mighty ticked about it. Now I do understand that since I purchased the game directly from NSD's site (2 years ago), and not from Matrix itself this could be one of the reasons why I am not able to find the download link for a replacement copy.

Anyway, I'm a bit confused with this system, any help will be very much appreciated.
Mikesla

Post by Mikesla »

Solution Found. I can't download a fresh full copy from Matrix, but if you go on NSD site you can get a full copy from there. Here is the download link.

Link: Download from NSD
Grim.Reaper

Post by Grim.Reaper »

I find it in the members area under "downloads for registered games". You have to register first to see it. I downloaded the base game and expansions fully last night from this area.
Mikesla

Post by Mikesla »

Hi.

Hmmmm, I did register it after I installed the 1.5 patch when it was first released (without prior knowledge of NSD).

I still can't find those links. I am now in the process of downloading the full version from the link I provided previously (NSD's main site) just so I can have a real updated hard copy to fall back on since the only version I have right now is the original 1.0 which was released over 2 years ago.

Fixed...Sometimes I can be blind as a bat.

Return to “Scourge of War Gettysburg Series”