Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

old demo

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> old demo Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
old demo - 9/22/2012 3:32:07 AM   
Dale H

Downloaded SoW: Gettysburg a long time ago but never activated it. What should I do know if I want to get the matrix_games product?
Post #: 1
RE: old demo - 9/22/2012 3:45:07 AM   
RebBugler

The Demo is just a Demo now. All SOW purchases are now through Matrix...check products.

Designer - Scourge of War

(in reply to Dale H)
Post #: 2
RE: old demo - 9/22/2012 12:21:35 PM   
Mikesla

@Rebbugler: Since Dale H downloaded the demo a long time ago, all he would have to do is contact Matrix, and purchase a serial to make the demo turn into a full version of the game OR has this been disabled now?

Reason why I am asking this is, I have the original 1.0 burned to DVD which is only a demo/full, so should I re-download the full working copy from Matrix which is not a demo, but a locked full version?

It's early here, I feel like I'm not saying this correctly.

< Message edited by Mikesla -- 9/22/2012 12:26:14 PM >

William Tecumseh Sherman: I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes.

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 3
RE: old demo - 9/22/2012 3:06:16 PM   
RebBugler

It still would have to be patched to 1.5. and the reg code thing could be a prob. Path of least resistance...buy anew from Matrix.

(in reply to Mikesla)
Post #: 4
RE: old demo - 9/22/2012 5:24:12 PM   
Mikesla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dale H

Downloaded SoW: Gettysburg a long time ago but never activated it. What should I do know if I want to get the matrix_games product?

Hi Dale H.

You can patch the older version of the game to 1.5 since it's a cumulative patch, BUT you will require a Serial code which can be purchased from Matrix (if I am not mistaken).

As it stands for now (that I'm aware of) the 1.5 version has no demo mode like previous versions of Scourge of War Gettysburg (1.0 to 1.4).

As Rebbugler has mention above, it's best that you purchase a copy from matrix (full 1.5 version) if you wish to play the full game. If the demo still interests you then stick with the version you have now.

Scourge of War Gettysburg is a very good, and worthwhile game to have, and paying a couple of bucks for something this good is a steal.

Hope to see you online if you decide on purchasing yourself a copy.

Cheers, and take care!

< Message edited by Mikesla -- 9/22/2012 5:26:55 PM >

William Tecumseh Sherman: I make up my opinions from facts and reasoning, and not to suit any body but myself. If people don't like my opinions, it makes little difference as I don't solicit their opinions or votes.

(in reply to Dale H)
Post #: 5
RE: old demo - 9/23/2012 11:54:44 PM   
Dale H

Thanks for the responses. Will I be able to keep the old version unactivated to use the demo & buy the Matrix_Games version as well or might there be issues? I am working through the tutorials now.

(in reply to Mikesla)
Post #: 6
RE: old demo - 9/24/2012 12:13:22 AM   
RebBugler

quote:

Thanks for the responses. Will I be able to keep the old version unactivated to use the demo & buy the Matrix_Games version as well or might there be issues? I am working through the tutorials now.

Yes, no issues that I know of. They will be separate installs.

(in reply to Dale H)
Post #: 7
RE: old demo - 9/24/2012 12:37:09 AM   
Dale H

^ Thanks. Maybe I am confused. Does the 1.5 version come with tutorials? If so I will just buy the Matrix version 7 carry on?

(in reply to RebBugler)
Post #: 8
RE: old demo - 9/24/2012 12:47:06 AM   
Mikesla

quote:

^ Thanks. Maybe I am confused. Does the 1.5 version come with tutorials? If so I will just buy the Matrix version 7 carry on?

1.5 only has the tutorials if you buy the game (activate it by serial). There is no demo for SOWgb 1.5 so it's best you stick to the version you have.

If you buy it, you get all the goodies.

(in reply to Dale H)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Scourge of War Series >> old demo Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI