Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Two Themes at once?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Two Themes at once? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Two Themes at once? - 9/21/2012 5:05:22 PM   
Gargoil

Sorry if this has be asked before, I have limited seach ability here at work.

I love Igard's Picard Era Mod, and also love Martian's new Beautiful Landscapes Mod. Is there a way, without overwritting my Vanilla Legends folder, to incorporate both?

Thanks
Post #: 1
RE: Two Themes at once? - 9/21/2012 5:08:50 PM   
Nedrear

Actually I am not sure you can use Martians mod without overwriting anything at all. This capability is not supported in the customization.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to Gargoil)
Post #: 2
RE: Two Themes at once? - 9/21/2012 5:16:25 PM   
Gargoil

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nedrear

Actually I am not sure you can use Martians mod without overwriting anything at all. This capability is not supported in the customization.

Ah, I have not downloaded Martian's mod yet - so his mod may actual work by overwritting vanilla, and it not a "theme" type mod. Well that makes it a simpler decision, overwrite vanilla and be able to play with it and any other theme at same time, or don't

< Message edited by Gargoil -- 9/21/2012 5:17:47 PM >

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 3
RE: Two Themes at once? - 9/21/2012 8:19:30 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gargoil

I love Igard's Picard Era Mod, and also love Martian's new Beautiful Landscapes Mod. Is there a way, without overwritting my Vanilla Legends folder, to incorporate both?

Thanks

No Gargoil, just backup your (YourDrive letter):\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\images\environment\landscapes directory in case you wish to return to the original landscapes. Once you overwrite the DW landscape files with Martian's, they will be used for the 'Vanilla' game, as well as any mod you run via the customization folder.

Just a note on this as well; If you have a program such as Paint.Net, Photoshop, etcetera available
to you, it helps if you 're-size' each of the files' dimensions down to 240 x 180, which is the
same size as the original files they replace. It will help on performance since the newer files
are more colored and detailed.

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Gargoil)
Post #: 4
RE: Two Themes at once? - 9/21/2012 8:27:20 PM   
Gargoil

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gargoil

Thanks

No Gargoil, just backup your (YourDrive letter):\Matrix Games\Distant Worlds\images\environment\landscapes directory in case you wish to return to the original landscapes. Once you overwrite the DW landscape files with Martian's, they will be used for the 'Vanilla' game, as well as any mod you run via the customization folder.

Just a note on this as well; If you have a program such as Paint.Net, Photoshop, etcetera available
to you, it helps if you 're-size' each of the files' dimensions down to 240 x 180, which is the
same size as the original files they replace. It will help on performance since the newer files
are more colored and detailed.

I suppose if I make a backup of both vanilla and the Mod, then when updating/expanding the game, I should flip back to vanilla landscapes, just in case the update has a change to go into that file. That is actually why I like keeping vanilla, well, vanilla.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Design and Modding >> Two Themes at once? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI