Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Very good game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Very good game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Very good game - 9/21/2012 10:06:33 AM   
Charly G

This game will merit to catch player's attention who play Squad Leader and Advanced Squad Leader boardgames.
- We have good scenario makers with Double Deuce and Jamm, thanks to them.
- Good reviews (In France, PC4War : 5/5 http://www.net4war.com/pc4war/numeros/pc4war56.php#07 )
- New patch soon.

< Message edited by Charly G -- 9/21/2012 10:26:57 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Very good game - 9/22/2012 11:28:08 AM   
Double Deuce

I agree. The foundation is definitely there, just need to build on it.

Combat Campaigns Blog

(in reply to Charly G)
Post #: 2
RE: Very good game - 9/30/2012 5:45:52 PM   
JMass

I agree too, I usually do not like to play versus the AI but after I played three scenarios both as Germans and Russians I can assure that I found it very enjoyable.

< Message edited by JMass -- 9/30/2012 5:46:43 PM >

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

(in reply to Double Deuce)
Post #: 3
RE: Very good game - 12/8/2012 6:30:56 PM   
Gerry

Hello All:

I never enjoy playing the AI in wargames. So in the last week or so I have player 3 H2H games of COH. What a blast! It seems such an innovative design. Even for the first small scenario, Partisans, you are making decisions every turn. Maybe that is what is attractive to me, the continuous involvement of both players. Plus less micro-management than many games. It seems one is really allowed to focus on tactical decision making.

Decision making is more complicated than it would seem too, IOW there is depth here IMO. Last night I found myself trying to figure out do I fire the MMG first turn or move a unit forward (if left till later, this unit could be interdicted; if I did not fire the MG maybe it would be damaged before I could fire ...). In ASL this was not an issue as you had more of the typical IGO-UGO system. The whole Round-Turns system is very interesting.

Gerry

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 4
RE: Very good game - 12/8/2012 10:13:24 PM   
Ratzki

This is what I fine most enjoyable about the game as well. You only get to move or fire with one unit then the opposition gets a chance to move/fire. The game has a very good feel to it, a good pace. I find myself thinking all the time about what to do next.

(in reply to Gerry)
Post #: 5
RE: Very good game - 12/9/2012 5:25:41 PM   
ericbabe

Thank you all for the kind words. I'll pass some of this along to Uwe Eickert, the board-game designer.

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Very good game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI