Matrix Games Forums

Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual previewThe fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

TOAW III for the computer illiterate

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III for the computer illiterate Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
TOAW III for the computer illiterate - 9/21/2012 1:19:08 AM   
Wannabe

I heard TOAW: COW calling me from afar a couple of days ago, and.before I knew it I was working on my "What if Bush went to IraN following 9/11" scenario. Then I remembered I was gonna buy TOAW III before life interrupted. But before I do:

1. I understand I have the same database COW had. I need Strykers and BSFVs and so on. How hard is it for a guy that can't deal with anything other than a GUI to create new units/ modify the old ones?

2. Do signal or MI icons do anything?

3. Is there any terrain that would serve as the Dasht-e Kvir?

Thanks!

We sure liberated the hell outta this place.
-Unknown WWII American GI
Post #: 1
RE: TOAW III for the computer illiterate - 9/21/2012 3:03:18 AM   
76mm

I can only answer the first question and part of the third:

It is easy to add equipment using the equipment editor (download here: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.edmiston/toaweqpedit.htm), but of course you will have to determine which values to plug in.

I think the terrain is the same in COW as in TOAW III. According to Wikipedia, the Dasht e-Kavir looks like this: The desert soil is covered with sand and pebbles; there are marshes, lakes and wadis. The marshes, lakes and wadis are available terrain types, but the desert itself could be trickier. There are clear, sand, and dune terrain types, but none of these might really be appropriate for a hard, flat, desert (if that is what the Dasht-e Kavir is).

(in reply to Wannabe)
Post #: 2
RE: TOAW III for the computer illiterate - 9/21/2012 10:47:20 AM   
PirateJock

As this is for the computer illiterate and so the 404 page message doesn't put people off, the equipment editor link needs editing to http://homepage.ntlworld.com/a.edmiston/toaweqpedit.htm

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III for the computer illiterate Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI