Matrix Games Forums

Distant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of Nations
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

(Dismiss/Dont Diss) the Dismissal

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios >> (Dismiss/Dont Diss) the Dismissal Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
(Dismiss/Dont Diss) the Dismissal - 9/20/2012 8:07:10 AM   
LiquidSky

I rather like the idea of Dismissal, but after reading the different events that effect it (Strategic Position, Major and minor orders) I was wondering if an overhaul might be in order. I have a fairly good grasp on how to write a script for an event, and can decipher the ones in the game readily enough....but could use some ideas on how this can be balanced better.

I was thinking of using the Majors as a pre-programmed history trip....and the minors can be carrots dangled near the main front. I would like to avoid the orders that don't make too much sense..such as ones that lie in a pocket, or on the other side of water.

As well..prestige seems to be used for gaining political points..the more prestige you have, the more political points you get. Which allows you to buy more cards...(replacements). Anyways, there are a lot of variables in the game that can be used (combat losses, possession of hexes, etc...) that can be tied in.

Any thoughts would be welcome.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.
Post #: 1
RE: (Dismiss/Dont Diss) the Dismissal - 9/20/2012 4:45:41 PM   
wallas

I for one love the dismissal rule along with the PP and prestige part(card plays) of the game. I agree the orders need to be addressed, but I would not change anything about the mechanics.

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Mods and Scenarios >> (Dismiss/Dont Diss) the Dismissal Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI