Air Units that must withdraw before upgrading

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

wadail

Air Units that must withdraw before upgrading

Post by wadail »

Apologies ahead of time if I did not find the correct thread to answer this, I promise I looked!

What is the deal with air units that must withdraw before they can upgrade their aircraft (even manually)? In my current game (the first 1941-1946 game I've played and I've owned this thing for years) I have the game set to no withdrawals, and units do not automatically upgrade or reinforce (I do manually manage that pretty often). It is now October 1943 and a lot of my air groups will not upgrade their aircraft and when I try to do it manually I get a "This unit must withdraw before it can upgrade" message.

I am interested in the mechanics of why this happens (so I can plan around it), not the reasons the game developers chose to implement it (it is what it is). Also, is there a way to tell this by looking at the air unit or a list of units?

Thanks!
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. - Karl von Clausewitz
Dili

RE: Air Units that must withdraw before upgrading

Post by Dili »

Maybe to simulate the training the unit needs to adapt to different aircraft?
oldman45

Post by oldman45 »

There maybe a case where a unit is going to get new aircraft when they return to the map.
wadail

Post by wadail »

My suspicion is that it has something to do with air units that were scheduled to withdraw but aren't since it is turned off, or were historically destroyed or withdrawn and have a scheduled reappearance date.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. - Karl von Clausewitz
Alfred

Post by Alfred »

Screenshots please as there is too much to guess regarding what exactly is the true situation.

Alfred
wadail

Post by wadail »

Here you go..

Attachments
upgrade.jpg
upgrade.jpg (294.23 KiB) Viewed 43 times
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

It thinks that the group is overdue on a withdraw. But no indication it should withdraw.
Maybe some data left over and not being reset.

I have updated the beta 1117 to allow for 'withdraw' being off. The check existed for the automatic upgrades but not for the manual one.
Michael

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”