Matrix Games Forums

New information and screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Does this game have full-screen?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Does this game have full-screen? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does this game have full-screen? - 9/19/2012 8:13:46 PM   
Rodia

Hi, I'm interested in this game.

Does it run 1920x1080 at full-screen?

Post #: 1
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/19/2012 8:22:51 PM   
LLv34_Snefens

Yes.

(in reply to Rodia)
Post #: 2
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/19/2012 8:38:54 PM   
Rodia

Cool, thanks for answering. I think I'm sold.

(in reply to LLv34_Snefens)
Post #: 3
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/20/2012 1:30:23 AM   
Rodia

Got the game and it's running in window mode. How can i go full screen? Scrolling in window mode is a big

(in reply to Rodia)
Post #: 4
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/20/2012 7:57:47 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rodia

Got the game and it's running in window mode. How can i go full screen? Scrolling in window mode is a big

What seems to be the problem with the scrolling? The 'classic' full screen mode, without the Windows task bar, that's not supported. The .INI file would also help. I run it with 1440x900 and the scrolling works without any glitches.

Klink, Oberst

Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam
(Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius)

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to Rodia)
Post #: 5
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/20/2012 9:59:40 AM   
Rodia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

The 'classic' full screen mode, without the Windows task bar, that's not supported.

Thanks, Oberst_Klink, I've been searching for a "full-screen" button like crazy.

Very disappointed to learn this after buying the game.

quote:

ORIGINAL: LLv34_Snefens

Yes.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 6
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/20/2012 10:29:33 AM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

The 'classic' full screen mode, without the Windows task bar, that's not supported.

Thanks, Oberst_Klink, I've been searching for a "full-screen" button like crazy.

Very disappointed to learn this after buying the game.

quote:

Yes.

Trust me Kamerad, it was worth buying. The game will grip you that you won't notice 'Uncle Bill's' task bar below. Which brings me to my tutorials you should check out at the 'Gefechsstand'. No other game system offers such flexibility and years of fun!

Klink, Oberst

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to Rodia)
Post #: 7
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/20/2012 1:26:14 PM   
CapitanPiluso

I run the game in 1920 x 1080 and the windows bar is irrelevant to affect the gameplay, after a copuple of hours playing you ll forget about it.

One cornerstone of maritimal warfare:
Keep yourself near the lifeboat.
(Capt.Piluso)

Post #: 8
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/20/2012 4:20:05 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

quote:

Yes.

I guess poor Sneffs didn't understand what you were asking. He must have thought you were asking if the window filled the screen (some older games don't), not that it operated in a windowless mode. If it was that important to you, you should have been crystal.

(in reply to Rodia)
Post #: 9
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/20/2012 4:47:57 PM   
Rodia

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay
I guess poor Sneffs didn't understand what you were asking. He must have thought you were asking if the window filled the screen (some older games don't), not that it operated in a windowless mode. If it was that important to you, you should have been crystal.

Yeah, because "full screen" is not clear enough when talking about Windows 95 software. Touché.

Lesson learned!

EDIT: Fixed.

< Message edited by Rodia -- 11/30/2012 6:57:03 PM >

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 10
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/20/2012 8:13:04 PM   
LLv34_Snefens

TOAW have gone through many versions and under many operating systems in it's lifetime.
There have been combinations of particular TOAW and Windows versions in the past that DIDN'T support use of the entire screen (black bars on part of the screen), but not with the current, hence my answer.

(in reply to Rodia)
Post #: 11
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/20/2012 8:51:02 PM   
Josh

Yeah fooled me too, but it certainly *is* possible to play it in full screen with no Windows bar. I play it in 1900x1200 with no windows bar to be seen, just "un-lock" it, if you know what I mean. As I have a different language version (Dutch) I don't know the exact words; but here goes; click with right mouse button on windows bar, click properties, untick "lock windows bar" that way the windows bar is gone during the game.
Hope this helps.

(in reply to LLv34_Snefens)
Post #: 12
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/20/2012 10:25:03 PM   
Curtis Lemay

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Yeah fooled me too, but it certainly *is* possible to play it in full screen with no Windows bar. I play it in 1900x1200 with no windows bar to be seen, just "un-lock" it, if you know what I mean. As I have a different language version (Dutch) I don't know the exact words; but here goes; click with right mouse button on windows bar, click properties, untick "lock windows bar" that way the windows bar is gone during the game.
Hope this helps.

I think you're talking about the Task Bar, which can, of course, be hidden. But I think he was talking about eliminating the TOAW window itself and just having the main map showing by itself (no control panel, micromap, or window frame, etc.). That can't be done.

Interesting that we're still trying to sort out just what he meant, considering how huffy he got about how clear it was.

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 13
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/20/2012 10:46:27 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Well, I guess what Josh meant was... 'unlock task bar', 'auto hide task bar' and yeah... TOAW kinda shows in full screen mode. Not that it makes a real difference. You ain't see 'Uncle Bill's icons' down there.

Klink, Oberst

Visit the Gefechtsstand!

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 14
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 9/21/2012 2:18:21 PM   
Josh

Yeah I meant unlock the Taskbar  
But maybe you're right and he meant playing TOAW without User Interface... but uhm, there aren't many games that do that, well you can hide the UI but in general it doesn't improve the gameplay, not even for RTS games.

Post #: 15
RE: Does this game have full-screen? - 10/15/2012 7:28:49 PM   
Rodia

I'm sorry LLv34_Snefens for putting you three "" like this: "" and Curtis Lemay for jumping at you. I'm sorry about that.

In the end, as you guys said, I'm liking the game for what it is and I even bought a second copy for my father.

Not that he asked me if TOAW has full screen mode but in case he did I was ready to answer "yes".

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Does this game have full-screen? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI