Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Who do I ask?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Who do I ask? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Who do I ask? - 9/19/2012 6:27:54 PM   
Natali

I play against the AI. I like what I hear about the cool support and engineer things in DBBs but they are not in the Lite. Are there any plans to about putting these things into the Lite version? Is there somebody I could talk to about helping? I can get emails and pms and send my private contact.
Post #: 1
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/20/2012 9:34:40 AM   
Commander Cody

Why not play DBB? I'm playing Scen 30 right now against the AI. It's not as much of a challenge as Ironman, but I love the stacking limits and reduced engineers.

Cheers,
CC

Beer, because barley makes lousy bread.

(in reply to Natali)
Post #: 2
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/20/2012 3:38:30 PM   
treespider

The "problem" with DBB and the AI is that the AI is script driven. DBB introduces a large number of new units and moves some units from the stock slots in the database. Therefore the AI may call upon the "wrong" unit because that unit is occupying the slot designated in the AI script. Also the AI will never call any of the new units because those slot numbers are not in the AI call list, so the new units will never be used by the AI.

I do not really play the stock scenarios anymore so I haven't looked at the differences between the Japanese LCU slots in stock versus the Japanese LCU slots in DBB ... but my guess is there are some changes, but not as many as in the Allied OOB. So the Japanese changes will have some impact but likely not enough to make a huge difference. The huge difference comes when trying to play an Allied AI.

All of that being said the scripts are visible and they can be edited with the scenario editor. If someone wants to take the time to try and edit and test the thousand or so scripts to account for all of the new units that were introduced I'm sure the DBB team wouldn't object.

< Message edited by treespider -- 9/20/2012 3:40:58 PM >

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to Commander Cody)
Post #: 3
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/20/2012 7:36:43 PM   
Natali

Hey thanks. Don't want to do DBB? because I play the AI. Go back and forth occasinaly to keep from getting out of control. Need an AI. Got a pm to email jw(dot)..... . Did that but haven't heard back. Is this guy legit?

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 4
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/20/2012 8:37:11 PM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: Natali

Hey thanks. Don't want to do DBB? because I play the AI. Go back and forth occasinaly to keep from getting out of control. Need an AI. Got a pm to email jw(dot)..... . Did that but haven't heard back. Is this guy legit?

Do I answer this...

Here's a link to:

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910

(in reply to Natali)
Post #: 5
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/20/2012 10:00:22 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

LOL!

I do - check section 23.1 of the manual for "this guy" .

Carpe Cerevisiam

WitP AAR "Six Years of War"

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 6
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/20/2012 10:10:25 PM   
Don Bowen

Or just hit "m" in the game....

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 7
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/21/2012 1:48:40 AM   
PaxMondo

Pax

(in reply to Don Bowen)
Post #: 8
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/21/2012 4:39:02 PM   
Natali

LOL that did sound dumb. I was worryd about the pm it just said click this link and I was trying to be coy without typing it all out. I should pay better attention to what I'm doing. It's cool because it wasnt spam and I got answered.

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 9
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/21/2012 8:12:36 PM   
Sardaukar

And with AI, you really need Andy Mac..he is the WitP-AE AI wizard.

But I doubt he has time from all his projects.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Natali)
Post #: 10
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/21/2012 8:41:29 PM   
Buck Beach

quote:

LOL that did sound dumb. I was worryd about the pm it just said click this link and I was trying to be coy without typing it all out. I should pay better attention to what I'm doing. It's cool because it wasnt spam and I got answered.

The part where you questioned if the "JW" guy was legit was the part that really got me rolling on the floor.

(in reply to Natali)
Post #: 11
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/22/2012 4:51:27 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Buck Beach

quote:

The part where you questioned if the "JW" guy was legit was the part that really got me rolling on the floor.

I'm just now recovering from fits of laughter here myself.

Pax

(in reply to Buck Beach)
Post #: 12
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/22/2012 8:51:22 AM   
Sardaukar

It is bit amusing....like asking if Isaac Newton or Albert Einstein were legit...

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 13
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/22/2012 11:35:14 PM   
Natali

all right. I'm dimb. No need to pile on.

Got an answer to my questiin, and got a project to do. ha ha, ho ho so maybe I'm not as dumb as all that.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 14
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/23/2012 5:08:53 PM   
Sardaukar

Don't take an offence, it's all in good way.

(in reply to Natali)
Post #: 15
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/23/2012 7:58:09 PM   
Natali

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

Don't take an offence, it's all in good way.

Oh, I don't take an offence. You people have been here for a long time and have your own ways. And "that guy" says make sure you have a thick skin. Living in the desert makes me thick skinned and indolent like a lizard. I can handle criticism.

"That guy" gave me a project. It wasn't what I wanted, but something else. Turns out it was really cool and made me think about all the things that go into the Babes scenarios. it's okay if I post it, so I will.

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 16
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/24/2012 4:28:32 AM   
PaxMondo

If John gave you something, it'll be good.  He'll let you know if you can share or not.  He's helped me many times with great ideas and insight.

Pax

(in reply to Natali)
Post #: 17
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/24/2012 11:35:11 AM   
michaelm

I was going to ask if that guy 'michaelm' was genuine.

Michael

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 18
RE: Who do I ask? - 9/24/2012 12:29:26 PM   
treespider

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

I was going to ask if that guy 'michaelm' was genuine.

Genuine ...as in Genuine Naugahyde?

Here's a link to:

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Who do I ask? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI