Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Mountain InfantryPandora: Eclipse of Nashira Announced! Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great War
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kuban Landing possible?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Kuban Landing possible? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kuban Landing possible? - 9/19/2012 5:49:34 PM   
Haudrauf1962

I am playing Trappenjagd as the Germans against a normal AI. By Jun 23 I have tarn Kerch and Sevastopol and also destroyed many Russian forces in two pockets in the Izium area.

Now in real life the Germans made a landing on the Kuban peninsula opposite Kerch. How can I pull that off in the game? I'd like to pressure Rostov from two sides.

Any ideas are welcome.

Haudrauf

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)
Post #: 1
RE: Kuban Landing possible? - 9/19/2012 6:59:17 PM   
LiquidSky

Yup..just bring the barges down from Odessa...load em up in a port (say...Sevastopol when it is fixed)...sail on over and unload. I prefer to rail the units up to Rostov and use them to take the city while the umm...other army follows the river line, and crosses it farther along.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to Haudrauf1962)
Post #: 2
RE: Kuban Landing possible? - 9/19/2012 8:07:14 PM   
Bonners

In my Case Blue campaign I have taken the Kuban from Kerch, I dont think I would try it against a human player as it would probably be too risky to get across, but easy enough against the AI.

However, it has been a right slog. There is no room to manoeuvre as most of the hexes impart defensive bonuses to the defender. As it turns out the forces coming down from Rostov ended up helping out the forces coming out of the Kuban. As per LiquidSky above, I reckon the best solution is to use those forces at Rostov and come down South.

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 3
RE: Kuban Landing possible? - 9/19/2012 10:46:39 PM   
Haudrauf1962

The biggest risk seems to be the Russian Navy. I think I will try the rail method...

Haudrauf

Life is too short to drink bad wine ;-)

(in reply to Bonners)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Kuban Landing possible? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI