Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Arab Spring

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Arab Spring Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Arab Spring - 9/19/2012 9:09:23 AM   
lion_of_judah

Yes, I have gotten carried away and created another map which puts together my map from the Libyan Arab Spring with another map with all the middle east down to the Arabian Sea, all of Iran up north to Turkmenistan and eastern portions of Afghanistan & Pakistan. I decided to do this since I began work on my Libyan scenario and now have a huge map, would like to playout my own version of the Arab spring and see how things go.

How I see this playing out is that after the Arab Spring, Libya is no longer under the heel of Qaddafi, Egypt is controled by the Muslim Brotherhood. Iraq and Syria united after a bloody civil war in Syria. Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Yemen united into one nation as a means of protecting themselves against Iran and a much larger more aggressive United Arab Republic and formed the nation of " Arabia". Armenia and Azerbajan united ( remember wear your hypthetical hat). Pakistan, Afghanistan and Turkmenistan united in order to protect themselves against Iran and formed the Islamic States. Turkey becomes more radicalized and see's herself bringing back the Ottoman Empire, this time without the previous mistakes of the past.

Israel on seeing the Government of Jordan on the verge of collapse decides to take matters into her own hands and invades Jordan thereby creating " Greater Israel" on the old Palestine mandate territory. With the rest of the middle east in turmoil not much of anything can stop Israel from doing this, except with the blustering of words from Arab Capitals and some Hezbollah and Muslim Brotherhood terrorist attacks, but not much else. That is why this scenario begins say 5 years down the road in 2017. ( in reality would take much longer for things to be put back together, but this is after all a game)

The U.A.R ( United Arab Repubic) goals- form alliance with Islamic States and divide Iran between them with the ultimate goal of the U.A.R. being the major power in the middle east and the one nation to confront Israel once and for all.

Islamic States - goals - to bring about the new Caliphate stretching from Afghanistan to the Persian gulf with Baghdad as her capital. Short term goal though is to defeat Iran and divide her spoils between herself and the U.A.R. Though in the end, the U.A.R will have to cease to exsist as a nation and be absorbed into the new Caliphate. Confront Israel and liberate Al'Quds ( Jerusalem)

Arabia- Absorb the U.A.E ( United Arab Emirates) into Arabia, but long term goal be master of the entire Arab world.

Turkey- bring back the old Ottoman Empire- which means the U.A.R. & Arabia will have absorbed into the Ottoman Caliphate.

Armenia - keep herself out of wars, defend against Turkey and Iran and if the situation allows, to retake all of Iranian Azerbajani territory. ( this can only happen though if Iran is losing a war against the U.A.R and the Islamic States and Armenia is just grabing the left overs).

United Arab Emirates- goal - just stay alive as a nation and remain neutral ( very unlikely)

Arab Republic of Egypt - goals - the Muslim Brotherhood see themselves as the group which will bring about the new Caliphate. First in order to make this a reality, Cairo will have to invade Libya and Absorb her into a larger, stronger Egypt. After this the only way their version of the Caliphate can be realized if is Israel is gone, so the next step will be to fight Israel and see her defeated. The first part regarding Libya may be easy, but only if Turkey does not intervene on the side of Libya, and Israel stays neutral ( possible but don't count on it).

State of Israel - goals - with the defeat of Jordan and the removal of a large militant portion of the Arab population displaced into the surrounding Arab nations. Israel annexes Jordan and prepares for what Jerusalem considers as her ultimate objective " Creation of Greater Israel which will stretch from the Nile in Egypt to the Euphrates River.

Alliances-

Israel & Armenia
U.A.R & the Islamic States with the possiblitly of Armenia joining.
Islamic States & The U.A.R and possibly Libyan Republic
Turkey - Libyan Republic, Islamic Republic of Iran
Libyan Republic - Turkey - maybe Islamic States.
Islamic Republic of Iran - Turkey, United Arab Emirates & maybe Egypt
United Arab Emirtes - Islamic Republic of Iran
Arab Republic of Egypt- Arabia & Islamic Republic of Iran
State of Israel - Armenia & maybe Libya and or Turkey ( long shot)

Regimes are as follows:

Libyan Republic - Libya without Qaddafi
Arab Republic of Egypt
United Arab Republic - Syria & Iraq unified
Islamic Republic of Iran
Armenian Republic
Turkey
Islamic States - ( Turkmenistan, Pakistan & Afghanistan)
Arabia - ( Saudia Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait & Yemen)
United Arab Emirates - ( United Arab Emirates & Oman)
Sudan - Non-active
Chad - Non-Active
State of Israel ( Israel proper & Jordan)

Post #: 1
RE: Arab Spring - 9/19/2012 10:45:49 PM   
lion_of_judah

Screenshot of Libyan-Egyptian Border as of 2017

Attachment (1)

(in reply to lion_of_judah)
Post #: 2
RE: Arab Spring - 9/19/2012 10:46:49 PM   
lion_of_judah

Screenshot of Israel-Egyptian Border

Attachment (1)

Post #: 3
RE: Arab Spring - 9/19/2012 10:49:28 PM   
lion_of_judah

Israeli-United Arab Republic Front

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 9/19/2012 10:52:08 PM >

Post #: 4
RE: Arab Spring - 9/19/2012 10:51:16 PM   
lion_of_judah

Turkish-United Arab Republic Front

Attachment (1)

Post #: 5
RE: Arab Spring - 9/19/2012 10:52:24 PM   
lion_of_judah

Armenian-Iranian Front

Attachment (1)

Post #: 6
RE: Arab Spring - 9/19/2012 10:53:21 PM   
lion_of_judah

Islamic States-Iranian Front

Attachment (1)

Post #: 7
RE: Arab Spring - 9/19/2012 10:54:19 PM   
lion_of_judah

Southern Arabia-United Arab Emirates Front

Attachment (1)

Post #: 8
RE: Arab Spring - 9/19/2012 10:55:06 PM   
lion_of_judah

Arabian- United Arab Emirates Front

Attachment (1)

Post #: 9
RE: Arab Spring - 9/19/2012 11:04:38 PM   
lion_of_judah

Iran has a new unit called " Pasadaran" these are the Revolutionary Guards & Soviet Technology
Israel has - Merkava Main Battle Tank I,II,III & IV & the Kfir Fighter
U.A.R.- has Soviet Technology - able to build Soviet type tanks and the U.S. M1 A1 Abrams
U.A.E - has Soviet Technology & able to build U.S. M1 A1 Abrams (only after researching)
Arabia- has Soviet Technology & able to build the U.S. M1 A1 Abrams (only after researching)
Islamic States has Soviet Technology
Libya has Soviet Technology & able to build U.S. M1A1 Abrams (only after researching)
Turkey has Soviet Technology & able to build U.S. M1A1 Abrams

All nations have 1 mercenary barracks inside their territory which allows them to build Islamic Volunteers, such as Hezbollah for Iran, Mujaheddin for Islamic States, Muslim Brotherhood for Egypt, Sunni Militia for Arabia

Israeli abbreviations are as follows:

SOCOM- Southern Command
NORCOM- Northern Command
EASCOM- Eastern Command

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 9/19/2012 11:09:50 PM >

Post #: 10
RE: Arab Spring - 9/25/2012 6:10:43 PM   
crocodile27

Hello I recently bought this game. Where is it possible to download this scenario you are talking about or your previous scnearios like the Chaf Libya one.... I can't find them on the advancedtactics.org
Thanks

Post #: 11
RE: Arab Spring - 9/27/2012 6:48:23 AM   
lion_of_judah

quote:

ORIGINAL: crocodile27

Hello I recently bought this game. Where is it possible to download this scenario you are talking about or your previous scnearios like the Chaf Libya one.... I can't find them on the advancedtactics.org
Thanks

These scenario's have not been uploaded to the scenario bank yet. The image file associated with these are over 10MB and it is taking time to sort out the images that are being used and those which are not, but until that time if you want a copy of this shoot me an email and I'll send it that way.

(in reply to crocodile27)
Post #: 12
RE: Arab Spring - 10/3/2012 8:17:27 AM   
lion_of_judah

I have added a new SF type for the Iranians " Basiji militia" which replaces the regular militia unit. this type of unit only the Iranian regime can produce, the rest can produce regular militia.

Post #: 13
RE: Arab Spring - 10/3/2012 8:54:02 AM   
lion_of_judah

i still have hit and misses with the V-1 rockets ( scuds) for this scenario and no answer on why they work half the time or how they are suppose to work. No where in the manual can one find any detailed information on the uses of these. When I can get them to work, I have only been able to use these against an airfield ( with little or no damage). using them against a town or factory, forget it!

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 10/3/2012 8:55:26 AM >

Post #: 14
RE: Arab Spring - 10/3/2012 11:25:48 AM   
lion_of_judah

how hard is it to get a regime to use the AI or once you chose the regime to use the AI, then it is already programmed that way.

< Message edited by lion_of_judah -- 10/3/2012 2:42:30 PM >

Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Mods and Scenarios >> Arab Spring Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI