Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Kids? How do we put up with them for so long!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/19/2012 12:30:35 AM   
radic202

About 11 months ago I thought I had won the Lottery, my 3 daughters all moved out within a week of each other (we were sad to see our granddaughter go) but nonetheless FINALLY we were FREE.............I could finally walk around the house naked without "scaring" someone............but little by little they all came back, 3 months later, my eldest and her daughter, 1 month after that youngest daughter and just recently my second daughter. All got in "tissy" fights with boyfriends or roommates...........so know my pants are back on. I guess my house has a revolving door. Geez when I moved out I never ever even contemplated moving back in with my folks, YUK I would rather sleep on the street than spend a night at my parents home, we are just way too far apart in our ways but do see them often though (they live about 20 minutes form me.

so enjoy these posts:

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

< Message edited by radic202 -- 9/19/2012 12:31:25 AM >

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Post #: 1
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/19/2012 1:36:03 AM   
parusski

quote:

ORIGINAL: radic202

About 11 months ago I thought I had won the Lottery, my 3 daughters all moved out within a week of each other (we were sad to see our granddaughter go) but nonetheless FINALLY we were FREE.............I could finally walk around the house naked without "scaring" someone............but little by little they all came back, 3 months later, my eldest and her daughter, 1 month after that youngest daughter and just recently my second daughter. All got in "tissy" fights with boyfriends or roommates...........so know my pants are back on. I guess my house has a revolving door. Geez when I moved out I never ever even contemplated moving back in with my folks, YUK I would rather sleep on the street than spend a night at my parents home, we are just way too far apart in our ways but do see them often though (they live about 20 minutes form me.

so enjoy these posts:

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

IF I had just taken a sip of my beloved Balvenie I would have just spit all over my monitor.

Very good.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 2
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/19/2012 3:47:03 AM   
radic202

What the heck is Balvenie..................Think it is a single malt Scotch? I will stick to my preferred Single Barrel Canadian Whiskey, funny thing though, it is made in the USA not in Canada. Worth every drop of the $90.00 price per bottle.

[image][/image]

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 3
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/19/2012 3:51:40 AM   
radic202

Actually these are pretty good also:

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

[image][/image]

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 4
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/19/2012 1:04:04 PM   
Josh

Oh wow now we're talking... whiskey  
A dangerous mistress though, you have to keep her on a short leash.
Nonetheless, a good whiskey and a good wargame, my favorite way of ending the day.

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 5
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/19/2012 6:37:24 PM   
radic202

quote:

ORIGINAL: Josh

Oh wow now we're talking... whiskey  
A dangerous mistress though, you have to keep her on a short leash.
Nonetheless, a good whiskey and a good wargame, my favorite way of ending the day.

Absolutely in this order though, I get home from work, socks come off (pheww hat feels good), secondly I take my hearing aids off so I don't hear my wife nag at me (even though she thinks I still have them on, nodding at everything seems to work) about everything that the kids did wrong that day and thirdly "a good whiskey and a good wargame" as you put it!

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 6
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/19/2012 8:23:06 PM   
Capt. Harlock

The mistake I made was not clearly explaining to my son that his Eighteenth birthday meant freedom -- but freedom was to be found only on the outside of my front door!

I also refer to my wife as "The Supreme Court" because whenever I announced a decision my son didn't like, he immediately appealed to her.

< Message edited by Capt. Harlock -- 9/19/2012 8:27:01 PM >

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 7
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/19/2012 8:49:33 PM   
radic202

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

The mistake I made was not clearly explaining to my son that his Eighteenth birthday meant freedom -- but freedom was to be found only on the outside of my front door!

I also refer to my wife as "The Supreme Court" because whenever I announced a decision my son didn't like, he immediately appealed to her.

HAHA! But does the decision get overturned?? Mine always does.................

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 8
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/19/2012 8:58:08 PM   
Chickenboy

I saw USDA's median cost for raising a child from 0-18 in 2011 the other day: $295,000 USD. Then there's about $200,000 college costs (estimated 2028 dollars) per also. So, by the time we get done with our kids, we'll be out a cool Mill.

Let's see-either be a millionaire or raise two children?...millionaire?....children?

No wonder the per capita replacement rate is so low in most developed countries. It makes one despair for the species.

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 9
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/19/2012 9:04:22 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Here's a question for you parents out there. Who are your children more scared of - mum or dad? When I was a kid growing up it was always mum who was more frightening in the "getting told off" department. Now I have kids of my own, they tell me the same thing - dad is a ****cat while they are genuinely scared of getting mum angry. I dont think its supposed to be like this....I am supposed to be the authority figure...aren't I??

EDIT: Please note I wrote nothing offensive - the first part of P----cat got starred out

< Message edited by warspite1 -- 9/19/2012 9:06:16 PM >

England expects that every man will do his duty - Horatio Nelson 1805.

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 10
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/19/2012 9:22:15 PM   
radic202

My kids think I am a docile ****cat when it comes to discipline but my wife is Mrs. Dictator when it comes her disciplining the kids. But now all my kids are adults and of course in my house, so mom/dad vs children with punishment is no longer an issue (not going to send my 24 year old daughter to bed without supper?) But helping out around the house is where we all get into tissy-fights i.e. "not my dishes, not my turn to clean the bathroom etc...)

At home growing up I was more scared with my Mother as she used that wooden soup spoon on me and my sister without mercy (and we deserved every time) but all my dad had to do was rattle the newspaper when he was reading it and we both new it was time to shut up or get the hell out. He would be the usual one to decide on how long you were "canned" for or how many times you needed to paint the fence and porch (yep did it all 3 times in one summer for coming home past curfew when I was about 13)I have never touch a paintbrush since then but sure learned to be on time after that.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 11
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/20/2012 8:21:36 PM   
Jeffrey H.

quote:

I refer to my wife as "the war department", for ovbious reasons.

"Games lubricate the body and the mind" Ben Franklin.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 12
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/21/2012 9:03:30 AM   
rhondabrwn

Since I am now retired and running a 40 acre ranch by myself... I would actually welcome any of my children moving in! I could use the help!

I've even started getting these fantasies of maybe even considering getting married again so I'd have a guy around to cut firewood, fix fences, throw hay bales around, and keep the solar and wind power systems in good shape while I handle the egg collection, goat milking, and the vegetable garden

Any volunteers?

Love & Peace,

Far Dareis Mai

Want Navajo Nation Photos? Go to:
http://fardareismai.piczo.com/?cr=4&rfm=y

(in reply to Jeffrey H.)
Post #: 13
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/21/2012 4:44:18 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

quote:

warspite1

Here's a question for you parents out there. Who are your children more scared of - mum or dad? When I was a kid growing up it was always mum who was more frightening in the "getting told off" department. Now I have kids of my own, they tell me the same thing - dad is a ****cat while they are genuinely scared of getting mum angry. I dont think its supposed to be like this....I am supposed to be the authority figure...aren't I??

EDIT: Please note I wrote nothing offensive - the first part of P----cat got starred out

Objectively-I think both Mrs. Chickenboy and I have the, when necessary, 'fear' respect of our children at this point. We're even, I'd say.

Of course, it takes work and communication with the wife unit to ensure that we're not getting played off of one another. Crafty little urchins are figuring out the nuances of this game quickly, so I'm not sure how long we'll be able to keep a lid on things.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 14
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/21/2012 7:30:52 PM   
shunwick

My mum to my dad: Eddie - for God's sake talk to your son!

My dad to me: Hello, son. How are you doing?

My mum to herself: Bloody men, what can you do with 'um...

< Message edited by shunwick -- 9/21/2012 7:31:47 PM >

I love the smell of TOAW in the morning...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 15
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/21/2012 7:47:56 PM   
radic202

quote:

ORIGINAL: shunwick

HAHA! Awesome!

I can remember my dad being hounded by my mother to have that "little talk" when I was about 11 or 12 so finally my dad relented and took me out for a car ride and said "your mom wants me to have that birds and bees talk, is there anything you don't know yet or you need more explanation about? I answered nah Dad I am petty sure I have it all covered................OK just for our sake let's go get a hot dog and fries at the other end of town and when we come back give your Mom that big shocked look and make yourself look a little pale.........and don't mention we went for a bite to eat....and if your good at it and your mom looks pretty convinced, I will share a beer with you this evening when she heads out to her sisters to play cards".........Yea Man, Dad your super cool!!!

To this Day, My mom still thinks we had that talk.

But here is the punch: My dad had this talk with me every since I knew I had a P** between my legs, he was extremely open about it and never kept anything hidden, so basically we had that talk over and over again as happenstance but never told my Mother, it was like "our little secret" that I already knew and was super OK with it. And looking back I am glad he was open about it because when I went through the "puberty change" it was the simplest process ever for me compared to what some of my friends went through with their parents and raising my 3 daughters my wife and I never shied away form telling them everything form the day they were curious enough to ask.

(in reply to shunwick)
Post #: 16
RE: Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! - 9/28/2012 8:26:10 AM   
ilovestrategy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: shunwick

HAHA! Awesome!

I can remember my dad being hounded by my mother to have that "little talk" when I was about 11 or 12 so finally my dad relented and took me out for a car ride and said "your mom wants me to have that birds and bees talk, is there anything you don't know yet or you need more explanation about? I answered nah Dad I am petty sure I have it all covered................OK just for our sake let's go get a hot dog and fries at the other end of town and when we come back give your Mom that big shocked look and make yourself look a little pale.........and don't mention we went for a bite to eat....and if your good at it and your mom looks pretty convinced, I will share a beer with you this evening when she heads out to her sisters to play cards".........Yea Man, Dad your super cool!!!

To this Day, My mom still thinks we had that talk.

But here is the punch: My dad had this talk with me every since I knew I had a P** between my legs, he was extremely open about it and never kept anything hidden, so basically we had that talk over and over again as happenstance but never told my Mother, it was like "our little secret" that I already knew and was super OK with it. And looking back I am glad he was open about it because when I went through the "puberty change" it was the simplest process ever for me compared to what some of my friends went through with their parents and raising my 3 daughters my wife and I never shied away form telling them everything form the day they were curious enough to ask.

Good God, that's hilarious!

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Kids? How do we put up with them for so long! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI