Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific >> Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/18/2012 6:10:31 PM   
Hiimori

Hello,
I just bought SotP. The installation worked fine and the updater told me that the game is current (1.10).

Nevertheless, I can't play... when I launch the game, I see the Wasteland Interactive Logo and hear some music. The computer switches to a low resolution and then I get an image of an aircraft and the SotP logo. That's it. Nothing happens.

I cannot end this screen and have to run the Task Manager to kill it. One curious sidenote: If I launch the Task Manager, the background image switches to another image with a ship, but as soon as I close or minimize the Task Manager window, the aircraft and logo are back again.

I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit. My specs are: i5 @ 2,67 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ATI RADEON HD 5770.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/18/2012 6:32:31 PM   
doomtrader

Please go to the /data/ folder within the game's main folder and delete all video files.

(in reply to Hiimori)
Post #: 2
RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/18/2012 6:51:20 PM   
Hiimori

I deleted two avi files, these were the only video files.

The problem remains the same.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 3
RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/18/2012 7:42:58 PM   
doomtrader

The last thing you see is this:

or this:

(in reply to Hiimori)
Post #: 4
RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/18/2012 7:50:38 PM   
Hiimori

I think I understand the problem now!

I see the second picture, but not entirely... I cannot see the octagonal menu box, only a small part of it without the buttons!

It appears to be a screen resolution problem then, the game seems to be running but I cannot click on any of the menu buttons because they are out of the screen.

The game changes to a very low resolution when I run it, is there a way I can change the resolution without using the menu (because there is no preferences button)?

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 5
RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/18/2012 7:57:44 PM   
Hiimori

Problem solved, I discovered the resolution line in the ini-file and now I can see and use the buttons!

Your screenshot helped a lot, thank you!

(in reply to Hiimori)
Post #: 6
RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/19/2012 7:34:10 AM   
doomtrader

This is what I suspected.
Congratulation for fixing the problem by yourself :)
Sorry for causing it.

(in reply to Hiimori)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific >> Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI