Matrix Games Forums

New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific >> Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/18/2012 6:10:31 PM   
Hiimori

Hello,
I just bought SotP. The installation worked fine and the updater told me that the game is current (1.10).

Nevertheless, I can't play... when I launch the game, I see the Wasteland Interactive Logo and hear some music. The computer switches to a low resolution and then I get an image of an aircraft and the SotP logo. That's it. Nothing happens.

I cannot end this screen and have to run the Task Manager to kill it. One curious sidenote: If I launch the Task Manager, the background image switches to another image with a ship, but as soon as I close or minimize the Task Manager window, the aircraft and logo are back again.

I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit. My specs are: i5 @ 2,67 GHz, 4 GB RAM, ATI RADEON HD 5770.

Any ideas?
Post #: 1
RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/18/2012 6:32:31 PM   
doomtrader

Please go to the /data/ folder within the game's main folder and delete all video files.

(in reply to Hiimori)
Post #: 2
RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/18/2012 6:51:20 PM   
Hiimori

I deleted two avi files, these were the only video files.

The problem remains the same.

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 3
RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/18/2012 7:42:58 PM   
doomtrader

The last thing you see is this:

or this:

(in reply to Hiimori)
Post #: 4
RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/18/2012 7:50:38 PM   
Hiimori

I think I understand the problem now!

I see the second picture, but not entirely... I cannot see the octagonal menu box, only a small part of it without the buttons!

It appears to be a screen resolution problem then, the game seems to be running but I cannot click on any of the menu buttons because they are out of the screen.

The game changes to a very low resolution when I run it, is there a way I can change the resolution without using the menu (because there is no preferences button)?

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 5
RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/18/2012 7:57:44 PM   
Hiimori

Problem solved, I discovered the resolution line in the ini-file and now I can see and use the buttons!

Your screenshot helped a lot, thank you!

(in reply to Hiimori)
Post #: 6
RE: Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen - 9/19/2012 7:34:10 AM   
doomtrader

This is what I suspected.
Congratulation for fixing the problem by yourself :)
Sorry for causing it.

(in reply to Hiimori)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Storm over the Pacific >> Game doesn't start, freeze at aircraft / logo screen Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI