Matrix Games Forums

Come and see us during the Spieltagen in Essen!New Screenshots for Pike & ShotDeal of the Week Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTYCommand: Modern Air/Naval Operations WOTY is now available!Frontline : The Longest Day Announced and in Beta!Command gets Wargame of the Year EditionDeal of the Week: Pandora SeriesPandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Will I enjoy it if.....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Will I enjoy it if..... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Will I enjoy it if..... - 9/18/2012 2:48:41 PM   
towerbooks3192

Will I enjoy it if I am not a hardcore history buff? Ok I love history and I enjoy watching WW2 documentaries on History channel (unless they show ancient aliens again and thank God pawn stars here is on a different channel)and I am new to hex-based war gaming. My first and only game (that could be considered hardcore aside from panzer general 2) is Advanced Tactics gold.

Will I like this one if I like advanced tactics? and will I like this one if I haven't really read the battles and all the stuff (yet) about WW2 in great detail? (I know the general detail and mostly in the Pacific and the involvement of my country in the war but only the general stuff about the european theatre of operations)

I was planning to get this and I am trying to get some opinions about this game since I am planning to purchase both DC games on Thursday
Post #: 1
RE: Will I enjoy it if..... - 9/19/2012 12:31:19 PM   
PirateJock

I haven't played AT so not sure on what the differences are between the two; I've always assumed the approach to gameplay would be similar as same developer. I've got both WtP and Case Blue and enjoy both. I like the hex and counter boardgame feel to both game. The fact that Vic has updated WtP so a lot of the interface improvements from CB have been incorporate is great ... it's also an indication of really good developer support. And as a way of finding out about other WWII theatres, I can't fault it. I'd not really been into the Eastern Front before but since I've been playing CB I've wanted to do a lot of reading about what happened.

Definite thumbs up from me :)

Cheers

Combat Command Matrix Edition Company, The Forgotten Few

(in reply to towerbooks3192)
Post #: 2
RE: Will I enjoy it if..... - 9/19/2012 2:09:39 PM   
towerbooks3192

Thanks mate!

My main concern for games like this is that if I really need to do detail by detail about Fall Weiss and Fall Blau and I won't enjoy it if I don't know that x commander ordered y brigade to attack z city and etc. I mean I love WW2 warfare and my knowledge is only general knowledge and not in depth and I am worried that I won't enjoy it like I enjoy other war games or I have to do an in depth study before fully enjoying it. I don't mind reading more on the coverage of history in the game while playing it and like some people in CB forum says its better that I know only the general details so that I would not try to replay history at the back of my mind while playing scenarios.

Will be getting this tomorrow afternoon

(in reply to PirateJock)
Post #: 3
RE: Will I enjoy it if..... - 11/4/2012 11:08:09 PM   
henri51

quote:

ORIGINAL: towerbooks3192

Thanks mate!

My main concern for games like this is that if I really need to do detail by detail about Fall Weiss and Fall Blau and I won't enjoy it if I don't know that x commander ordered y brigade to attack z city and etc. I mean I love WW2 warfare and my knowledge is only general knowledge and not in depth and I am worried that I won't enjoy it like I enjoy other war games or I have to do an in depth study before fully enjoying it. I don't mind reading more on the coverage of history in the game while playing it and like some people in CB forum says its better that I know only the general details so that I would not try to replay history at the back of my mind while playing scenarios.

Will be getting this tomorrow afternoon

Not knowing the detailed history is not going to make any significant difference to playing or enjoying the game.

(in reply to towerbooks3192)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Campaigns: The Blitzkrieg from Warsaw to Paris >> Will I enjoy it if..... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI