Matrix Games Forums

The fight for Armageddon begins! The Matrix Holiday sales are starting today! Warhammer - Weapons of WarFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets huge update and a Steam release!Battle Academy 2 opens up a new front!Flashpoint Campaigns Featured on weekly Streaming SessionFrontline: The Longest Day - New Screenshots!Deal of the Week: Hannibal Rome and CarthageFlashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm gets Players Edition!To End All Wars gets its first major patch!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New units and DLC

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> New units and DLC Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New units and DLC - 9/17/2012 10:26:41 PM   
thewood1

I am considering buying this, but wanted to know if the the DLC/new campaigns come with new units...or is it just new maps and formations?

I have played the demo on a decent PC and was impressed.

< Message edited by thewood1 -- 9/17/2012 10:27:50 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: New units and DLC - 9/18/2012 1:53:45 AM   
Dane49

Each DLC adds a few more vehicles and weapons,plus maps and new campaigns.Some of the new vehicles and weapons weren't incorporated into the platoon selections for quick battles.But the JMass Quick Battle unit mod has them added to the order of Battle,so all new weapon systems in the game thus far as long as you have the DLC that added the particular new content,should enable you to have those weapons or vehicles as an option to choose from during quick battles.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 2
RE: New units and DLC - 9/18/2012 2:11:23 AM   
thewood1

Thanks...

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 3
RE: New units and DLC - 9/18/2012 3:46:54 AM   
thewood1

I am on the fence with this one. I have always played CMBB and CMAK. I actually liked CMSF, even if it had VERY tortuous and protracted development. I never really got into CMBN or PCO as much as CMBB or CMAK.

I have tried the demo of APOS and am intrigued. I am a little put off in really understanding what is going on in development and patching. Is it just me or is is it really hard to see what is really going on with development of the game?

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
RE: New units and DLC - 9/18/2012 4:52:51 AM   
Dane49

http://graviteam.com/forum/index.php#1 This is a link to the main forum for this game hosted by Graviteam.Matrix is only a distributor and you won't garner much from this forum.As far as development,there are many new DLCs planned for the future -
3rd Sinyavino 1942
Summer in south-east Ukraine in 1943
Taranovka Summer 1943
1st and 2nd Sinyavino 1941
Nomongan 1939
POC42

Patches usually come out every 5-6 months,sometimes they offer some new content,but mostly address any bugs or problems that the customers bring up in the forums or anything else the developers might want to add.Here is a list of some changes for next patch due out sometime next month
1) Fixed bug with displaying wrong helper page after loading a savegame.
2) A little bit changes in the speed and the nature of the movement for platoons on the operational phase.
3) The new format for patches and updates, installed directly from archive and not requiring a pre-extraction (for lazy guys ).
4) Enabled option 6.12 leads to a reduction of tactical interface, not just icons for big resolutions and monitors . http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8772/shot201206221622150000.jpg
5) While paused, still showing the game time.
6) The apparent target are shown for all selected units (rather than one as before).
7) Highlight for the selected units and squads updated without delay.
8)Trench marks left over from previous battles are applied to the map during placement mode.
9) Added option for ultrahigh grass cover in the game settings.
10) The "simple shaders" option, turns on the PS 2.0 mode - recommended to enable on low-end and mobile graphics cards.
11) The algorithm of shadows rendering in the tactical battle is changed.
12) Added a grouping of units in the list of reserves.

I think a couple other things were added to the list,but I don't recall off hand what they are,I'll have to check the Russian site for this game and post it later.
The Graviteam developers are very active in improving this game and adding new content,but you wouldn't know it if Matrix was the sole source of information.

This is a very good game,one of the best of it's type and for the price you can't beat it.Matrix only offers the core game,you will have to go to Gamersgate to purchase any addional DLCs.You can get the core game and all the DLCs(3 so far)for under $50 at Gamersgate.

Graviteam is a very small company,and attention to detail usually means that they are not churning out all the stuff we all would like in the game as fast as we would wish.So I wouldn't expect more than 2 or 3 new DLCs per year from them unless they are able to increase the size of their staff.My wish is that they would do some Western Theatre stuff,especially the Battle of the Bulge.But I'm not holding my breath on that one.They seem to be focused on East front only with no forseeable plans or interest in the Western Theatre.

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 9/18/2012 5:23:42 AM >

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 5
RE: New units and DLC - 9/18/2012 4:57:58 AM   
**budd**

It's certainly is similar to CBBB and CMAK. If you tried the demo and like it, id give it a go. A couple of things will annoy you right off the bat. The patching process and the lack of documentation. Once you get the patching sequence down you'll be fine and alot of game features not in the manual are in threads here. Be sure to read some of the helpful threads by Redmarkus. Check the screenshot thread out in this forum, there are alot of cool gaming moments that take place in this game. As far a what's coming up, there is supposed to be a patch coming soon and there working on a new game. Here's the website with all the game's info. http://www.graviteam.ua/

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 6
RE: New units and DLC - 9/18/2012 5:00:35 AM   
**budd**

Dane
Do you know if they are going to fix the end battle statistics being wrong?

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 7
RE: New units and DLC - 9/18/2012 5:08:53 AM   
Dane49

Andrey mentioned that He was working on it,but I guess we won't know for certain till the patch comes out.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 8
RE: New units and DLC - 9/18/2012 5:11:13 AM   
**budd**

Yea the August patch in October....maybe

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 9
RE: New units and DLC - 9/18/2012 2:42:48 PM   
Dane49

Here is the rest of the list of things being worked for August patch.It was translated from the Russian site with bing.

13) Scattered in combat platoons can retreat to neutral territory (in this case, they do not disappear).
14) Added display of ability of infantry divisions and technology to capture territory.
15) added the possibility of distributing ammunition and fuel within the platoon.
16) added the ability to dismantle offices in quick battle.
17) added priminanie herb when moving equipment.
18) Changed selection visualization units.
19) Added display of control Office of the Commander.
20) added the ability to change the size of the mini-cards.
21) Added pistols .
22) edited and adjusted some of the animation.
23) Adjusted some of the special effects.

Testing is still being done on this patch in the Russian community,so I don't think we will see it ready till mid to late October.

From what I could translate,Night Postman is waiting for the patch to release and will release his new Summer uniform mod shortly there after.

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 9/18/2012 2:51:01 PM >

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 10
RE: New units and DLC - 9/18/2012 8:03:00 PM   
thewood1

Thanks for the help.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> New units and DLC Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI