Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new updateDeal of the Week: Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich Advanced Tactics Gold is coming to SteamMatrix Games now speaks German!A little bit of history with To End All WarsBattle Academy 2 gets a release date!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

ARD Glitch?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> ARD Glitch? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
ARD Glitch? - 9/17/2012 9:47:30 PM   
Gridley380

Playing the latest patch, Babes.

I've got USS Pennsylvania at Truk with some major Flot damage. That's fine, I've got ARDs there. Now Pennsy is a big girl and needs an ABSD. That's fine too, I've got two of 'em disbanded in port along with several smaller ARDs.

The smaller ARDs appear to be a problem. When they're all disbanded in port, Pennsy can't repair (she sat there for months with 59 major flot) - all modes are X'ed for duration. When I put all but the two ABSDs into a TF, she can repair and is slowly healing her flot damage as she should. If I disband the TF with the small ARDs her repair duration goes back to X again (and when I stick the little guys back in the TF repairs resume).

I didn't diagnose this problem until a little while ago so I have no documentation available for this part, but I'm wondering if only a limited number of ARDs can work in a given turn? I had a whole bunch of ships with major flot at Truk and only 2-3 of them seemed to be able to repair major flot at a time despite half a dozen ARDs disbanded in port. If only a few ARDs can be 'active' at a time and the ABSDs were somehow not on the top of the list, that might explain why none of my early efforts to get Pennsy's repairs started ahead of a bunch of xAKs and xAPs were working.

So, questions.

Is this a known bug? If so, what is the ARD limit for a port? Is there any way to tell which ARDs are/will be the 'active' ones?

Any chance of getting this fixed? It would be nice to be able to concentrate my ARDs and still get full benefit from them.

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: ARD Glitch? - 9/18/2012 10:07:58 AM   
michaelm

any chance of a save to see what the trouble is?

Michael

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 2
RE: ARD Glitch? - 9/20/2012 2:19:04 PM   
Gridley380

I'd love to - but I can't seem to figure out how to upload a file here. Help?

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 3
RE: ARD Glitch? - 9/20/2012 3:25:14 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

When you write a post - like this one! - just below the lower left corner of the text bob (the part where you type) is a link that says "Click here to upload!" Clink on it and follow the prompts.

Make sure you put the save file into a .zip file first.

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 4
RE: ARD Glitch? - 9/21/2012 1:45:11 PM   
Gridley380

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gridley380

When you write a post - like this one! - just below the lower left corner of the text bob (the part where you type) is a link that says "Click here to upload!" Clink on it and follow the prompts.

Make sure you put the save file into a .zip file first.

Ah, missed the zip step! How's this?

Edit to add: Yes, the US Pacific fleet is mostly chilling in Hawaii. I've already achieved auto-victory, so I'm giving the AI a break. Still playing in order to experience late-war Allied units.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Gridley380 -- 9/21/2012 1:47:21 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 5
RE: ARD Glitch? - 9/21/2012 2:50:48 PM   
michaelm

There is an overflow issue with picking the best ARD. The 'requiredCapacity' of the ship being repaired is going negative (tonnage over 32K is causing it) and picking a low capacity ARD as the best.
When repairs are applied, the low capacity ARD isn't enough to help the BB repair.

Found another place where this could happen and fixed that also.

Michael

(in reply to Gridley380)
Post #: 6
RE: ARD Glitch? - 9/22/2012 3:41:22 AM   
PaxMondo

Thanks for the support!!!!

Pax

(in reply to michaelm)
Post #: 7
RE: ARD Glitch? - 9/24/2012 5:11:02 PM   
Gridley380

Thank you michaelm (and witpqs for the upload tip)!

And in a patch already - exceptional! You're setting an ever-higher bar for yourself, michaelm!

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> ARD Glitch? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI