Legion Coming to the iPad!

Gamers can find out here about the latest happenings from Matrix and its partners.

Moderator: MOD_PressReleases

Scott Parrino

Legion Coming to the iPad!

Post by Scott Parrino »

Matrix Games and Slitherine (www.slitherine.com) are excited to announce the upcoming Apple iPad release of one their historical hits Legion!

First in a series of classical wargames from Slitherine and Matrix Games, Legion is a deep turn-based strategy game set in ancient Rome where players build their small nation in to a mighty empire through diplomacy and conquest. Every map, unit and feature from the original is included so players will have the complete experience. Slitherine’s internal development has spent the last 6 months developing a system to allow PC games to be converted to iPad and the technology is now going to be used both for internal projects and made available to external developers. On top of this innovation, Slitherine is also making all the relevant changes to adapt the UI to the touch generation devices, so that each game is identical in content, but improved as an overall experience.

Many other classic games will be coming to iPad from the Slitherine & Matrix line up and from third party development partners. Legion is sure to attract iPad wargamers looking to dip their feet into the expanding world of mobile wargaming and provide the stepping stone to the world of wargaming itself.

Legion features more than 20 nations of the Roman Empire era that can be opponents or allies to the player. A detailed economy has players managing their cities, allocating their workers, controlling production, building fortresses and training armies in their pursuit of victory. Players will also be treated to a game full of historical accuracy, with units, weapons, maps, and scenarios modeled to accurately represent this period of ancient history and warfare. You can also watch massive battles fought out when too armies meet. With three different levels of difficulty, Legion will challenge all wargamers.

For more information on Legion for the iPad, visit the official product page on the Slitherine and Matrix Games website.
Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!
rodney727

RE: Legion Coming to the iPad!

Post by rodney727 »

Hi Scott . This is great news. What other titles can we look forward to? A nice American civil war game would be nice...
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Scott Parrino

Post by Scott Parrino »

Definitely is great news :) As for future titles, we like keeping things a surprise!
Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!
Anguille

Post by Anguille »

Boy...i really need to buy an ipad. Why isn't it for android?
IainMcNeil

Post by IainMcNeil »

Android is very fragmented and very hard to support. There is no easy way to get it in to stores and the stores are very hard to navigate so sales are lower. Its more work for less money - that's the main issue.
Iain McNeil
Director
Matrix Games
rodney727

Post by rodney727 »

Hi Iian Scott,
I saw over at Pocket tactics they are looking for beta testers forp Ipad, Please consider me!!!
"I thank God that I was warring on the gridirons of the midwest and not the battlefields of Europe"
Nile Kinnick 1918-1943
Hanal

Post by Hanal »

ORIGINAL: Iain McNeil

Android is very fragmented and very hard to support. There is no easy way to get it in to stores and the stores are very hard to navigate so sales are lower. Its more work for less money - that's the main issue.

That's the truth...trying to find a game on Gplay is no easy thing...

Return to “Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix”