Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Unit Counters

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Unit Counters Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Unit Counters - 9/17/2012 2:17:17 AM   
General Staff

In an XML Scenario Dump, for each unit you get a 'color' value, which I assume represents a particular unit counter color scheme. Note that this is separate from unit type, which would be a subset of the unit color scheme- in other words each counter sheet. For instance look at units_1_gray_0.png in the TOAW Graphics sub-directory, where the sheet consists of all unit types with the same color.

I know folks (for instance with the BioEd program) have managed to link 2D and 3D graphics to numbers from the equipment file to be able to display what goes in as a graphic in the Inventory & Replacements screen for example.

If anyone has managed to deduce some form of matching screen, I'd be grateful of any details. The alternative is to try to figure it out from scratch, and if someone has already been there, why reinvent the wheel? Thanks.

Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
(J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)
Post #: 1
RE: Unit Counters - 9/17/2012 5:47:00 PM   
ogar

This may be a start - at least with unit colors/formation colors/cooperation.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3148131

(in reply to General Staff)
Post #: 2
RE: Unit Counters - 10/11/2012 11:50:06 PM   
kmitahj

Not sure if it fits your needs but below I attached zip file containg two text files:
one which maps COLOR ids form xml file to names of files with corresponding color schema bitmap sheets ('h_' or 's_' to be prefixed when needed and 'png' or 'bmp' extensions to be appended whichever is available)
second maps unit icon positions within given color schema bitmap to string form ICON attribute in xml file. Note that there are cases when given string maps to more then one icon position in bitmap (example: 'Headquartes', 'Coastal Artillery', 'Transport', 'Fighter' etc.) However so far in all such cases xml file I looked in contains additional ICONID attribute which points directly which icon is to be used.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to General Staff)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Scenario Design >> Unit Counters Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI