New Helium Resource color - very light blue

Please post here for questions and discussion about scenario, art and sound modding and the game editor for Distant Worlds.

Moderators: elliotg, Icemania

jpinard

New Helium Resource color - very light blue

Post by jpinard »

If you're like me, you've had trouble telling the difference between Hydrogen and Helium on the large map (especially in higher resolutions). Since Helium is inert I chose to change that one to an inert looking color that differed from the other gasses. The new color is light blue with a slight tinge of pink. Installation instructions are in the text file included in zip.

Enjoy!

<<Zipfile>>

Attachments
DW_lightbluehelium.jpg
DW_lightbluehelium.jpg (49.4 KiB) Viewed 29 times
Nedrear

RE: New Helium Resource color - very light blue

Post by Nedrear »

May I put it into my Resource Mod? I don't like the two reds either and did not want to edit the colors yet. There is no need to waste time on the same thing. Though actually Helium IS red and hydrogen is rather purple... well I would change it around.

Actually I would love to have these colors but did not bother to make them yet:

Purple = Hydrogen (Tyderios)
Pink = Deuterium
Green = Tritium (Krypton)
Violet = Nitrogen
Blue-White = Xenon (Yours)
Bright Red-Orange = Helium

I would just throw the colors around a bit. Thereby let Helium get simple lesser red of Hydrogen and Deuterium will get Caslon blue. Nitrogen will just keep yellow. But of course I'd like to use your blue for Xenon too.
One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."
jpinard

RE: New Helium Resource color - very light blue

Post by jpinard »

Go right ahead :)

Return to “Design and Modding”