Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Difference between DaBabes and Regular Campaign?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Difference between DaBabes and Regular Campaign? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Difference between DaBabes and Regular Campaign? - 9/15/2012 9:15:04 PM   
DicedT

What are the practical differences between DaBigBabes-A and the regular WITPAE Scen 1 and 2?

Post #: 1
RE: Difference between DaBabes and Regular Campaign? - 9/16/2012 2:35:46 AM   
Lifer

From the mouth of Babes...

https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/

Better to read the why rather than try to explain the differences.

Greg

Man does not enter battle to fight, but for victory. He does everything that he can to avoid the first and obtain the second.
Ardant du Picq

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 2
RE: Difference between DaBabes and Regular Campaign? - 9/16/2012 2:38:40 AM   
DicedT

Well, I could really use some info on the differences as I start the game. For example, there are YO ships, which are oil barges(?) Are they just small ships with a couple of machine guns, or do they have a logistics function?

(in reply to Lifer)
Post #: 3
RE: Difference between DaBabes and Regular Campaign? - 9/16/2012 1:00:32 PM   
Sardaukar

There are lot of small ships added etc. But main fixes are "under the hood", like improved and more realistic AAA and ASW model etc.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 4
RE: Difference between DaBabes and Regular Campaign? - 9/17/2012 1:36:55 PM   
TulliusDetritus

And compared to vanilla AE much less support. As an example, in [vanilla] the SW Pacific (aka MacArthur's hordes) gets tons of US Base Forces with lots of support. In DBB you will notice these many base forces filled with lots of support are gone.

As for Air Support they found, in my opinion, a very elegant to deal with this. Instead of abstract base forces you have Base Group engineer units. For example, you have the 11st Bombing Group (3 squadrons). Then you have a 11 Base Group (air support = 72), their support if you want to stay organized. I would say, although this is maybe only an impression, that you have less air support in this mod which makes the whole thing more realistic.

Then you have lots of special engineer units (especially in the SW). Basically few squads which will help to unload ships in beaches or small ports.

And many more things.

Everyone should be playing this mod

P.S.: if anything, I always wondered why the Base Forces (well, at least the ones that are supposed to support the air units) cannot be divided (like divisions). After all, each group has at least 3 squadrons. You don't concentrate them necessarily.

"Hang on, is that it...? Are we on the ring...?? Ready???" -- Nürburgring Seven Second Ring King

(in reply to Sardaukar)
Post #: 5
RE: Difference between DaBabes and Regular Campaign? - 9/17/2012 9:02:26 PM   
Nikademus

you'll want to pay the most attention to the Babes Lite vs Babes full on version. The latter seriously reduces engineer and aviation support capabilities, esp for player one. It'll break the AI IIRC, but it makes infrastructure buildup alot harder.

(in reply to DicedT)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Difference between DaBabes and Regular Campaign? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI