Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Bundle deal available?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Bundle deal available? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Bundle deal available? - 9/15/2012 11:05:02 AM   
Jingles1

Hi all distant worlds looks excellent however is there any way to buy Distant Worlds,Distant Worlds Legend and Return of the Shakturi as part of a bundle as 75 euros for all three separate seems awfully expensive I don't mean to sound tight but some where in the region of 40-50 sounds more reasonable my apologies if ive missed some part of the store

thx in advance

< Message edited by Jingles1 -- 9/15/2012 11:06:00 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Bundle deal available? - 9/15/2012 11:19:12 AM   
Bingeling

I don't get prices in euros, but if I click on the Distant Worlds I get the offer:

"Add on 'Return of the Shakturi' and 'Legends' expansions
to upgrade and improve your Distant Worlds experience!
Purchase now to Save 20%!"

Make sure to click a few steps towards buying to verify the price.

I agree on the rough pricing, though, and you are not the first to mention it. It was not so bad when buying one each year.

(in reply to Jingles1)
Post #: 2
RE: Bundle deal available? - 9/15/2012 11:43:37 AM   
Jingles1

thx for the reply yeah clicked on deals i get

Distant Worlds
€32.99
Return of the Shakturi
€16.24
Legends Promo
€16.24
VAT 19.0%: €12.43
Total: €77.89

lol even more than I worked out Im in two minds as to buy it has great reviews across the web.
From what Ive read this morning im not the only one with a price issue. Im all for supporting smaller developers especially those creating 4x games this game seems to have had a lot of work put into it however this is not a AAA game with a huge budget the graphics although not important leave alot to be desired the difficulty in creating it was mostly the complexity I suspect, of course my views on cost would be negated if I knew what sort of direction the game was going any news on the developers future plans for the series? what will possible future expansion be focused on?

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Bundle deal available? - 9/15/2012 11:53:58 AM   
Sithuk

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jingles1

thx for the reply yeah clicked on deals i get

Distant Worlds
€32.99
Return of the Shakturi
€16.24
Legends Promo
€16.24
VAT 19.0%: €12.43
Total: €77.89

lol even more than I worked out Im in two minds as to buy it has great reviews across the web.
From what Ive read this morning im not the only one with a price issue. Im all for supporting smaller developers especially those creating 4x games this game seems to have had a lot of work put into it however this is not a AAA game with a huge budget the graphics although not important leave alot to be desired the difficulty in creating it was mostly the complexity I suspect, of course my views on cost would be negated if I knew what sort of direction the game was going any news on the developers future plans for the series? what will possible future expansion be focused on?

Erik mentioned that he would give us content news on the next expansion this month. The game only has one person working on the core code, Elliot. The pricing issue has been raised many times recently. I expect the next expansion will be incorporated into a single product offering for new purchasers, with the expansion being offered as a standalone purchase for those of us who have bought the individual releases over time.

(in reply to Jingles1)
Post #: 4
RE: Bundle deal available? - 9/15/2012 12:37:03 PM   
Bingeling

I am trying to live cheap these days as I have my own issues. I am tempted to buy a strategy game of sorts. What I do know is that I can probably pick up (not at once) several 20 euro games of some age, but I would be reluctant to pick up a 50 euro game at all (not named gta5).

I am trying to live my gaming life 2 years behind the releases. Just as much fun, and cheaper :)

I don't envy those setting the price points. Would they earn more if they dropped the bundle price to 50? 40? 60? Who knows?

(in reply to Sithuk)
Post #: 5
RE: Bundle deal available? - 9/16/2012 1:39:33 PM   
wpmaura

have to admit 77$ for a two year old game seems pricy, and its not a AAA game. according to reviews it sounds like the first expansion is almost 100% needed to enjoy the game.

I do have a strong interest in this game but the price is just to far for me.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 6
RE: Bundle deal available? - 9/16/2012 3:10:24 PM   
Darkspire

quote:

ORIGINAL: wpmaura

have to admit 77$ for a two year old game seems pricy, and its not a AAA game. according to reviews it sounds like the first expansion is almost 100% needed to enjoy the game.

I do have a strong interest in this game but the price is just to far for me.

You need all three IMHO. They havent just been expansions but upgrades, DW was slated for its poor UI when it came out, the problem was addressed with ROTS which also added more content etc, with Legends, being able to see your empires sphere of influence, the empire characters and the updated GFX engine really do make a lot of difference to the game, and yet again the UI has been updated. There is a sticky on here for suggestions, the developer goes through it, hence the upgrades and IMHO one of the best 4x there is at present.

Darkspire

Darkspires's File Repository

Dual Core E4500 2.20GHz - GeForce 8800GT (1gb) - XP 32bit 4gb with a 3gb twist and a shaking of PAE

(in reply to wpmaura)
Post #: 7
RE: Bundle deal available? - 9/16/2012 9:23:48 PM   
jpinard

As Darkspire said, you need all 3. I purchased just before the bundle deal so it cost me $92.

I actually have been bad purchasing stuff on my credit card. I ususally get buyer's remorse, but I've put a lot of time into the game and it's been great (especially with mods). It is frustrating a lot of people can't afford $70-$90 for a single game. Heavens knows there are about 15 Matrix games on my wishlist that I can't buy because I'd go broke. Matrix would do well to realize people throw away money like it's toilet paper when games are $20 and under. But maybe they don't want increased sales for non-grognard gamers.

(in reply to Darkspire)
Post #: 8
RE: Bundle deal available? - 9/17/2012 10:48:20 AM   
Jingles1

From what valve has said in the past dropping the price increases sales and profit

cant post links so i did it like this

shacknews
.com/article/57308/valve-left-4-dead-half

There figures

10% sale = 35% increase in sales (real dollars, not units shipped)

25% sale = 245% increase in sales

50% sale = 320% increase in sales

75% sale = 1470% increase in sales

I have no right to complain really, Ive bought games in the past that sucked for $50+ and hardly played them, guess im just being more careful

< Message edited by Jingles1 -- 9/17/2012 10:49:23 AM >

(in reply to Jingles1)
Post #: 9
RE: Bundle deal available? - 9/17/2012 11:57:31 AM   
Bleek

To be honest the original game should be discontinued and ROTS (with original) should be the standard now, the original is way behind Legends and even ROTS on features, ui and bug fixes.

That's the biggest gripe for most when buying this game, you're paying near full whack for a flawed product that requires the expansions. Sounds harsh I know but please understand I'm a massive DW fan and own the lot, I simply want what's best and fair for new comers.

...anyway, where's the third expansion already?

(in reply to Jingles1)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Bundle deal available? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI