Matrix Games Forums

Happy Easter!Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser Trailer
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Retire Bases and Empire Trade

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Retire Bases and Empire Trade Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Retire Bases and Empire Trade - 9/15/2012 8:26:17 AM   
pumkinfacer22

1.-Is there a way to Keep the resources or transfer them to my home colony from the random starbases I've found.. I want to scrap the bases.. but keep the resources if possible..

In the Empire Policy Screen- "Economy and Trade"

2.- what setting should be for "control restricted resources" if I want my resources to sell alot to other empires.. I want income. So set this to what?

3.- What would be the difference if I Unchecked the "Trade with other Empires" box here as well??

4. anybody have an idea how the AI chooses the Reactors/Engines for ship builds when upgrading? I noticed sometimes the higher output components it doesnt choose.. Like choosing Fusion over Quantum..

5. Is there any reason you would put a medical center/rec center on a ship?? things of that nature.. I actually now have stripped all my military ships of countermeasures and such because I dont see the point.. i just want them to have weapons and shields..

6. Final Last twp Big Questions ** Can someone tell me what this means because then I will fully understand the resources - from the Cargo tabs in the Colonies and construction tabs when for example it says I have:

(my empire flag) Casion Amt =485,551 Rsvd=21,963

(other empire flag) Casion Amt=110,034 Rsvd=110,034

6A) If possible, How can I change my trade with other empires like in the sense of how I get messages that they will now trade spice or Lorus fruit with me.. or sometimes they choose to to "not" trade Lorus fruit with me... are there any specific trading buttons besides selecting "trade sanctions" with an empire. Can I do that to the AI as well in regards to the stopping of Lorus Fruit to them??

This hopefully is the last of my huge posting questions posts!

thanks..

< Message edited by pumkinfacer22 -- 9/15/2012 8:31:27 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Retire Bases and Empire Trade - 9/15/2012 9:52:15 AM   
Bingeling

1: No. If you retire a base, the resources are gone. Unless it is a spaceport at a colony, which actually stores things on the colony itself.

2: I don't have the game open. Go for whatever sounds less controlling, or more trade happy.

3: I assume unchecking this would stop all trades. Something in the line of trade sanctioning everyone, but without the somewhat offensive nature of that.

4: The AI seems to like "latest". I also think that different AI may choose different reactors.

5: Rec centers only matter on space ports above colonies, they increase colony happiness. As far as I know medical centers help heal troops present (and make colonies happy when at space ports). So they make sense to have on ships that carry troops. Load troops with reduces strength (from injuries), land troops of full strength. Countermeasures are the chaffs of space. They help divert enemy weapons, and are a small, cheap components you would want on any ship you prefer not to die.

6:
my empire flag) Casion Amt =485,551 Rsvd=21,963
(other empire flag) Casion Amt=110,034 Rsvd=110,034

On the station, there is 485,551 caslon in store that you own/control. 21,963 of these are reserved for use, booked by incoming freighters, or incoming ships that want to refuel (have refuel order).

There is also stowed away 110,034 caslon owned and reserved by another empire (the one indicated by the flag). So hopefully they have freighters incoming to pick it up, or it will just stay there "forever".

6A: In the diplomacy screen, there is a checkbox for each empire deciding whether you trade rare resources with them or not.

(in reply to pumkinfacer22)
Post #: 2
RE: Retire Bases and Empire Trade - 9/16/2012 1:31:06 AM   
pumkinfacer22

wonderful wonderful wonderful! answers to questions! Now im pretty much up to speed!

I am going to have to test the "trade with other empires" setting in the Empire Policy Screen and see what it really does.. why would you ever want to play a game with that unchecked??? well if somebody knows please say so.. otherwise i'll be wasting a game/time on playing with that unchecked for the next 3 days.... ...

(maybe the new unchecked "trade with other empires" will stop the other empire flag colors im seeing in the cargo tabs of my Colony/Port!!!!)

as far as the Diplomacy Screen - I have No box to check anywhere to trade special resources.. (maybe cause my colony doesnt have them to trade?)

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: Retire Bases and Empire Trade - 9/16/2012 4:07:22 AM   
pipewrench

pumkinfacer22

If you find yourself in a trade deficit where you have 4 luxuries but 2 neighboring empires have 3 luxuries your colonies are asking for (rsvd) you will have to pay those empires for those shipments. Your only buying from them and they need nothing from you. This could impact your cash flow.

If however you restrict trade until you have explored more it will give you a chance to find some of these luxuries and build mines to collect bonus income. This usually happens an the start of a game because your taxes cannot support expensive imports at harder levels.

the check box is there only if you have those special resources. If you trade them you will make a ton of money but if you accept those resources from another empire you will have to pay for the shipments. If your economy is not developed enough it could impact your cash flow.

On easier levels this will not be a problem but as your turn up the difficulty it could create problems. Have fun and experiment....

< Message edited by pipewrench -- 9/16/2012 4:15:09 AM >

Post #: 4
RE: Retire Bases and Empire Trade - 9/16/2012 4:34:35 AM   
pumkinfacer22

that does make sense.. I can see myself unchecking the "trade with other empires" if I am in the need to get my own stuff and money is low etc..

As far as the Luxury Trade in the Diplomacy screen I guess I dont have any becuase I do not see the box to check.. now when you said "but if you accept those resources from another empire.." ---
does that mean I have the option to click or choose somewhere to accept/deny buying resources from them?

Im playing a game right now and a few things just popped up that bother me:

1. is there a difference between clicking on the reply "thanks" or "goodbye" to the gift messages from other empires. (20,000 credits) The option is there so maybe saying thanks does something that saying goodbye doesnt?

2. When another empire gives in and I subjugate them - I guess All that is for is a little tribute and thats all?

3. I am now at the point in this game where I cant bombard planets because of planet shields and I also dont have enough troops to defeat shaktur homeworld.. I think they had like 1100k troops!% or something to my 700... and the number didnt seem to even really go down when invading them! any ideas on what else to do to destroy empires colonies and or take away their influence so i can build mines in their territory?

-and can you remind me what the bonus income entails again on the top right of the screen.. does this have anything to do with "gifts" from other empires which after i do click "thanks" or "goodbye" i never saw the change in money..

thanks

< Message edited by pumkinfacer22 -- 9/16/2012 4:35:15 AM >

(in reply to pipewrench)
Post #: 5
RE: Retire Bases and Empire Trade - 9/16/2012 10:20:50 AM   
Bingeling

1: I rarely answer those message at all. I would be amazed if the various toned replies matter.

2: Subjugation should be fairly well explained in the game, I think. You get half their income, and see what they see. At least you used to see all that they see (like having a deep cover spy).

3: I don't think gifts are bonus income, I could be wrong, though. Bonus income is listed in the empire screen (foregin trade bonuses, resort income, space port income). Gifts are neither.

I am not sure how the Shakturi works. If they work remotely like other empires, blockade their home world, destroy all their mining bases, and they will hopefully have to start disbanding.

Otherwise, build more troops, land more troops, continue.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds Series >> Retire Bases and Empire Trade Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI