Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

%TOE soviet units advice

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> %TOE soviet units advice Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
%TOE soviet units advice - 9/13/2012 9:33:03 AM   
Rodimstev

Hi all,

i would to know your advice about the %of TOE for soviet unit in function date.

and if possible a guide for each unit type
for my part i use the 80% of TOE in 1 to 16 turn. i don't know if it is a good strategy.

thanks in advance.

Rodimstev

"l'audace encore de l'audace toujours de l'audace" Danton devant l'assemblée nationale 20 septembre 1792.
Post #: 1
RE: %TOE soviet units advice - 9/13/2012 2:35:45 PM   
Rodimstev

a another question sorry,

when you have a soviet unit at 100% of TO&E and you decide to change the cursor to 50%, the effet is for the next turn of more?

thanks in advance.

kinds regards
Rodimstev

"l'audace encore de l'audace toujours de l'audace" Danton devant l'assemblée nationale 20 septembre 1792.

(in reply to Rodimstev)
Post #: 2
RE: %TOE soviet units advice - 9/13/2012 5:52:41 PM   
bigbaba

hi general,

in turn 1 set TOE for following units at 50% and let it this way for most parts of the game.

AA, artillery, AT, rocket, security.

i also prefer to let the useless tank brigades and also the infantry brigades behind the front at 50% TOE. when you can build tank corps then pick 3 of your tank brigades with high moral, build a TK and set back the max. TOE of the new tank corps at 100%.

i would simply let the artillery, AT and rocket SU's TOE at 50-60% until you can build artillery divisions. then i disband most of the artillery SU's to free guns for at least 25-30 artillery divisions at 100% TOE.

hope that helps a bit.

< Message edited by bigbaba -- 9/13/2012 5:53:44 PM >

(in reply to Rodimstev)
Post #: 3
RE: %TOE soviet units advice - 9/13/2012 6:31:31 PM   
Rodimstev

hi Bigbaba,

thanks for your response
if i understood AA, artillery, AT, rocket, security are brigades or regiments Support unit
but for rifle divisions?

kinds regards
rodimstev

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 4
RE: %TOE soviet units advice - 9/13/2012 9:23:25 PM   
bigbaba

for RD it depends at the front importance.

as soon as leningrad falls there is nothing to defend in the northern front area then wood. one can set the TOE of the units of this front command at 80%.

some folks do a lot of micromanagement and set a high TOE for high moral units and a low TOE for those with low moral but that's too much work for me with 4 games running.:)

(in reply to Rodimstev)
Post #: 5
RE: %TOE soviet units advice - 9/13/2012 10:25:30 PM   
hfarrish

quote:

ORIGINAL: bigbaba

for RD it depends at the front importance.

as soon as leningrad falls there is nothing to defend in the northern front area then wood. one can set the TOE of the units of this front command at 80%.

some folks do a lot of micromanagement and set a high TOE for high moral units and a low TOE for those with low moral but that's too much work for me with 4 games running.:)

Ha, this all sounds like a lot of micromanagement! I let everything be and disband units I don't need to free up arms and manpower...all this helps at the margins but not enough to get me to actually go through the pain of doing it.

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 6
RE: %TOE soviet units advice - 9/14/2012 7:31:32 AM   
Rodimstev

thanks,

but i have not yet answer for timing.

if i have a Rifle division with 100% TO&E and i want change the cursor to 50% how many time for the effect (1 turn? 2 turns? )
is it better to put the cursor when this is a new unit (in refit?)
rodimstev

(in reply to hfarrish)
Post #: 7
RE: %TOE soviet units advice - 9/14/2012 11:22:07 AM   
Denniss

Max TOE is immediately effective - units won't get replacement unless their TOE falls below 50%. They won't sent excessive equipment back to pool though.

(in reply to Rodimstev)
Post #: 8
RE: %TOE soviet units advice - 9/14/2012 3:26:19 PM   
Rodimstev

I deniss,

i think i have not cleary understood the TO&E cursor function.

in fact, if i put the cursor to 50%, my unit (rifle division for example) will not be with 50% of men and equipment but will receive renfort when the unit reach or fall to 50% of TO&E?

kinds regards.

Rodimstev

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 9
RE: %TOE soviet units advice - 9/14/2012 4:29:23 PM   
Denniss

The maxTOE function is something like an upper limit for equipment rinforcements, if a unit is below the limit it will receive reinforcements up to that level but not more. If a unit is at 80% TOE but you reduce maxTOE to 50% the unit will not receive any reinforcement until it falls below 50% TOE.

(in reply to Rodimstev)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> %TOE soviet units advice Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI