Manual Axis air attacks on soviet units

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

hugh04

Manual Axis air attacks on soviet units

Post by hugh04 »

I am trying to deepen my understanding and use of the game system to help my axis 41 attack strategy. I understand how at the beginning of a turn, axis air units with 0 miles flown can do an air attack or air supply mission. Also, I understand how to target an axis airbase and launch manual air attacks against soviet ground units.

What does the community think about using the axis air force to bomb selected soviet units before starting to move axis ground units? Does using manual air attacks reduce automatic ground support later in the turn? Does the disruption and potential morale loss inflicted on soviet units make subsequent ground attacks more likely to succeed or even make a route more likely? I am not suggesting replacing air supply missions, but I am wondering how effective these manual air ground attacks are?

Thanks for any shared thoughts.

vandev
Ketza

RE: Manual Axis air attacks on soviet units

Post by Ketza »

I have seen them make a difference in an important attack. However this type of attack uses them up quickly. I only use it when a hex has to fall.
cpt flam

RE: Manual Axis air attacks on soviet units

Post by cpt flam »

two things to remember
1 airdrop must be first mission for bombers
2 each bomber will do 1 ground attack max
I think that you will gain some disruption (that's all) [&o]

Return to “The War Room”