Engine Pool calculation

Post bug reports and ask for help with other issues here.

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

wac29

Engine Pool calculation

Post by wac29 »

In this game I noticed the Ha-35 engine pool seems to not accrue correctly. The pool is at 507 and goes to 505 with the settings in the images for one day. I have almost all Ha-35 airframe production turned off and 350+ engines/month so the pool should be increasing ~8 per day. What am I missing? I watched it carefully on the way to 500 and this issue started after that.

Thank you

Attachments
WITPAE1.jpg
WITPAE1.jpg (325.97 KiB) Viewed 120 times
Tom
wac29

RE: Engine Pool calculation

Post by wac29 »

second image...

Attachments
WITPAE2.jpg
WITPAE2.jpg (303.41 KiB) Viewed 120 times
Tom
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

Too little information for me to balance the equation here...post a save if it is not a PBEM and I'll have a closer look if you want.
hkbhsi

Post by hkbhsi »

Most likely you have completely repaired R&D factories for planes that use the Ha-35 enigine .
Once you reach 500 engines in the pool, the R&D process receives a bonus, but that is not "free" because the R&D factories will actually use engines in excess of 500 to speed up the research.

Alex.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: hkbhsi

Most likely you have completely repaired R&D factories for planes that use the Ha-35 enigine .
Once you reach 500 engines in the pool, the R&D process receives a bonus, but that is not "free" because the R&D factories will actually use engines in excess of 500 to speed up the research.

Alex.
This is correct. When the engine bonus kicks in over the 500 engine threshold, for every point of bonus research achieved each turn that number of engines is deducted from the pool. This is above the nominal research rate..

So below 500 the research for a plane at 120(0) R&D = 4, no engines used.
Above the 500 the research for the plane at 120(0) R&D = 8, 4 engines used.
wac29

Post by wac29 »

Thank you.

This would explain what is happening. One engine for every bonus point every day? That means i would need to increase engine production by about 30/month per R&D factory just to keep up?
Tom
michaelm75au

Post by michaelm75au »

You don't have to keep the engines above 500. The bonus R&D just helps the normal R&D cycle.
At least, the 500+ engines are being of use rather than just sitting there collecting dust. :)
Michael
wac29

Post by wac29 »

Don't you have to keep the pool over 500 to get the bonus?
Tom
obvert

Post by obvert »

ORIGINAL: wac29

Don't you have to keep the pool over 500 to get the bonus?

Yes. He's letting you know that if using these engines to achieve the bonus is a problem for you for some reason, you can let them fall below the 500 limit and you don't have to get the benefit of the bonus.
"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: n01487477

Alex.
This is correct. When the engine bonus kicks in over the 500 engine threshold, for every point of bonus research achieved each turn that number of engines is deducted from the pool. This is above the nominal research rate..

Are we completely positive about these calculations Damian?
I mean, for ex, in my game with Q-Ball, i have 1*60 fully repaired TojoIIa factory and one more 1*30 TojoIIa factory. I should get 3 R&D points, right?
Well, i also have 550 Naka Ha-34 in pool, so, following your calculations, i should get 6 R&D points every day (3 from the R&D factories and 3 more from the engine bonus).
Instead i'm getting only 4 points per day (Tracker confirms this).

So i think there are two possibilities:
Or there's a "cap" limit implying that even a 1*60 factory would produce R&D points like a 1*30 (and so confirming that 1*30 is the "magic" dimension for R&D industries)
Or the engine bonus only gives you 1 R&D point, regardless on how many R&D factories are active or how many engines you're overproducing above 500

n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

Alex.

I mean, for ex, in my game with Q-Ball, i have 1*60 fully repaired TojoIIa factory and one more 1*30 TojoIIa factory. I should get 3 R&D points, right?
Well, i also have 550 Naka Ha-34 in pool, so, following your calculations, i should get 6 R&D points every day (3 from the R&D factories and 3 more from the engine bonus).

Or there's a "cap" limit implying that even a 1*60 factory would produce R&D points like a 1*30 (and so confirming that 1*30 is the "magic" dimension for R&D industries)
Or the engine bonus only gives you 1 R&D point, regardless on how many R&D factories are active or how many engines you're overproducing above 500

Yeah I was a little misleading - I should have said I had 4*30 in my original. The 1*60 will be capped at 1 point per day. So, you are getting 2 points nominal and 2 points from 2 different facilities (engine bonus).
GreyJoy

Post by GreyJoy »

ORIGINAL: GreyJoy

Yeah I was a little misleading - I should have said I had 4*30 in my original. The 1*60 will be capped at 1 point per day. So, you are getting 2 points nominal and 2 points from 2 different facilities (engine bonus).

Oh, now i see clearly. Thank you Damian, as always! [&o]

So i better switch that factory to production once it comes online and devote another factory (a still damaged 1*30 factory) to R&D... good to know! Thanks

Return to “Tech Support”