Terrible AI for Allies.

Strategic War in Europe is a grand strategy game where you command one or more of the 25 countries in the game. War, diplomacy, technological progress, recruitment, conquest – this is all in your hands. There are no restrictions to the actions you can perform during your turn: unit movement, purchase, attack, technology investment, reinforcement, all of those can be done at any moment during the turn.

Moderator: doomtrader

ricodc

Terrible AI for Allies.

Post by ricodc »

Before I start with complaints ill state I really do like this game. But seriously If you want to play as GB etc & let the AI control the rest its terrible. At July 1944 Britain is still fighting alone. The USA has landed one unit in northern Ireland (why) one unit in Norway & Southern Italy both doing zero. They have air units in uk & troops all doing nothing. Plus dont get me started if you start to early scenarios & leave the AI controlling the russians. (they will surrender before 44). I know at the start the power is side on the Axis but come on at the moment they are fighting on not one but 5 fronts & still rule.

The AI could do with some serious tweaking. Plus the Germans unbalance the game.
doomtrader

RE: Terrible AI for Allies.

Post by doomtrader »

IIRC the only important ally of GB in 1944 is USA.
Then, what is the situation in the France? Does the Germany defense any ports?
ricodc

Post by ricodc »

the germans defend the ports. But same as when you invade Italy they suddenly have 3 new panzer armys. But the USA AI just lands one unit then stops.
Appren

Post by Appren »

The AI is terrible for all nations, not just the allies. I tried to play a game as UK, and ragequit when the German AI lost two of their Luftwaffe units by basing them directly on the front line in France.
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

ORIGINAL: ricodc

the germans defend the ports. But same as when you invade Italy they suddenly have 3 new panzer armys. But the USA AI just lands one unit then stops.
Could you please send me the save game?
doomtrader

Post by doomtrader »

ORIGINAL: Appren

The AI is terrible for all nations, not just the allies. I tried to play a game as UK, and ragequit when the German AI lost two of their Luftwaffe units by basing them directly on the front line in France.

It looks like not only AI is making mistakes
fb.asp?m=3173071
ricodc

Post by ricodc »

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

ORIGINAL: ricodc

Could you please send me the save game?

Sorry have deleted it. I did play 1943 campaign controlling uk & ussr. Managed to drive the Axis back knocking Romania out of the war. Landed British & canadian troops in north France & heading for Paris. The USA eventually started making its way up Italy. (only due to the fact the Germans had to withdraw & reinforce the Eastern Front. Ran out of time But allies one on VP.

Return to “Strategic War in Europe”