Matrix Games Forums

Space Program Manager Launch Contest Announced!Battle Academy 2 is out now on iPad!A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Total Recall anybody?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Total Recall anybody? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Total Recall anybody? - 9/7/2012 9:20:59 AM   
doomtrader

I'm a big fan of the original Total Recall.
Does anybody seen the new one? Is it worth to see it in the cinema or better wait for DVD release? How are the special effects?
Post #: 1
RE: Total Recall anybody? - 9/7/2012 11:52:52 AM   
Wolfe

Have't seen it myself but found the opening line from The Daily Telegraph review amusing

"You know things are getting desperate for mainstream cinema when you find yourself lamenting the relative lack of depth and subtlety in a remake of an Arnold Schwartzenegger film."

"In War: Resolution. In Defeat: Defiance. In Victory: Magnanimity. In Peace: Goodwill." - Winston Churchill

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 2
RE: Total Recall anybody? - 9/7/2012 3:53:34 PM   
Chickenboy

Haven't seen it-I think I'll wait for DVD / streaming release to catch it. I enjoyed the original, but-like the Telegraph-amn't so sure about the screaming unmet demand for a remake.

Kind of the same way I feel about "Red Dawn" coming up in November. Are any Patrick Swayze remakes really necessary?

(in reply to Wolfe)
Post #: 3
RE: Total Recall anybody? - 9/7/2012 4:57:19 PM   
doomtrader

There is going to be Red Dawn? I loved that movie.

I wish they would make a sequel instead of remake.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 4
RE: Total Recall anybody? - 9/7/2012 5:44:00 PM   
Jevhaddah

I can't recall.. sorry..

I'll get my coat

Cheers

Jev

I am really quite mad yoo know!

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 5
RE: Total Recall anybody? - 9/7/2012 7:31:36 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Yup. Should be out in November in the US-don't know about European release dates though. The Baddies are-I think-Chicoms or DPRK troops instead of Warsaw Pact / Nicaraguans.

The original Red Dawn ended with a review of a plaque that retrospectively referred to the resistance against the Sovs in "the early days of WWIII". Presumably, the war was over and the invaders repulsed before the plaque was put up. Kind of makes a sequel difficult, no?

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 6
RE: Total Recall anybody? - 9/7/2012 7:32:36 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: doomtrader

Yup. Should be out in November in the US-don't know about European release dates though. The Baddies are-I think-Chicoms or DPRK troops instead of Warsaw Pact / Nicaraguans.

The original Red Dawn ended with a review of a plaque that retrospectively referred to the resistance against the Sovs in "the early days of WWIII". Presumably, the war was over and the invaders repulsed before the plaque was put up. Kind of makes a sequel difficult, no?

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 7
RE: Total Recall anybody? - 9/8/2012 4:03:07 AM   
michael1776

It's not a bad movie for what it is...a Sci Fi action movie. The female leads are very nice to look at. The action is very good. Lots of good fight scenes. Dialogue....eh. I found it entertaining, and didn't feel as though I wasted $12. If you go into it expecting "Das Boot" or and great depth you will be disappointed. But when was the last time you walked out of a movie theater and felt as though you just had some kind of religious experience?

MJ

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 8
RE: Total Recall anybody? - 9/9/2012 11:07:32 AM   
doomtrader

When I'm choosing the movie I'm always interesting in those with lots of action and explosions. Everything else I can watch at home. ;)

(in reply to michael1776)
Post #: 9
RE: Total Recall anybody? - 9/11/2012 7:11:29 PM   
Scott Parrino

The new Total Recall looks like it's a great popcorn movie. Now for a real treat, get the original Blu-Ray version and watch the commentary with Arnold and the director. Here's a hint, Arnold doesn't know what a commentary is supposed to be about :).

Scott Parrino
Public Relations Manager
Slitherine/Matrix Games
Follow us on Twitter and on Facebook!

(in reply to doomtrader)
Post #: 10
RE: Total Recall anybody? - 9/12/2012 1:06:09 AM   
parusski

I saw it. After it was over I paid a local mafia thug to beat about the head for my stupidity.

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 11
RE: Total Recall anybody? - 9/12/2012 1:06:17 AM   
parusski

I saw it not long and, it was a movie about.....uuuuuhhhhh. I BLOWS. EVERY SCENE

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 12
RE: Total Recall anybody? - 9/12/2012 1:46:30 AM   
Perturabo

I preferred the original short story.

Without social solidarity manifested in the form of welfare state, people inhabiting one territory are a non-nation of mortal enemies engaged in competition for survival.

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Total Recall anybody? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI