sending US airgroups into the pacific

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers.

Moderators: wdolson, Don Bowen, mogami

wga8888

sending US airgroups into the pacific

Post by wga8888 »

I have started my first game after seveal campaigns in DOS Pacific War and UCV. I am trying to figure out how to get air groups in San Franciso to bases in the Pacific. The planes wil not load onto any type of ship as there is no room on the Saratoga. Will not load onto AK, AE, AP or any other type of ship. There is no option for the AK to load planes. Seems to be a critical lesson to know.
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]
wdolson

RE: sending US airgroups into the pacific

Post by wdolson »

If the planes are attached to a restricted HQ, they can't load. They can be loaded onto a docked TF with AKs. Single engine planes and P-38s can be loaded onto a carrier and flown off, but they have to be loaded with the TF docked. Unless the planes are carrier capable, they can't operate from the carrier.

Bill
WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer
wga8888

RE: sending US airgroups into the pacific

Post by wga8888 »

was combination of my errors. Yes the first part was being attached to restricted HQ. Once HQ was reassigned costing Political Points, then it was a matter of LOADING TROOPS and selecting the Air Group as a passenger on an AK
Bill Thomson
wga8888@icloud.com
Discord: wga8888 #7339
817-501-2978 CST [-6 GMT]

Return to “The War Room”