Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week: Command Ops goes half price!New Fronts are opening up for Commander: The Great WarCharacters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the Family
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Updated BabesLite Scenarios

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Updated BabesLite Scenarios Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Updated BabesLite Scenarios - 9/6/2012 7:01:53 PM   
US87891

BabesLite Scen026 and Scen027, A and B, are updated to rev 14. Some of them should be 13, but Osterhaut is superstitious, so they are all 14. Complete AI and Quiet China is in there too.

B version is set up for the new map with Buin/Shortlands. All versions have the standard new Babes device tweaks and the new calculations of fuel/endurance.

https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/

< Message edited by US87891 -- 9/7/2012 12:43:31 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Updated BabesLite Scenarios - 9/6/2012 7:39:29 PM   
US87891

Oh yeah, in BabesLite and BigBabes, the KB, and Ryujo TF, as well as the Enterprise and Saratoga TFs, start the game with reduced fuel.

The Dec 8 start scens have fuel reduced even more. John was annoyed at the carrier hunting nonsense, so hopefully this should put a stop to it. KB will have to refuel to go home. I know that KB refueled before the attack, but this is a game and abstraction is a wonderful thing.

It's that first turn 'magic move' where the KB, or anything else, can go anywhere and start fully gassed up and arrive fully gassed up, with no AOs to support it (except in the regular scenarios). And the AOs also have reduced fuel. The hunting radius is substantially reduced.

Thoughtful people will appreciate this. Gamey people will not. Oh well ...

Sometimes the lights all shining on me;
Other times I can barely see;
Lately it occurs to me;
What a long, strange trip it's been.

< Message edited by US87891 -- 9/7/2012 12:45:41 AM >

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 2
RE: Updated BabesLite Scenarios - 9/8/2012 4:52:50 PM   
Mac Linehan

Matt!

Awesome stuff.

This thoughtful (well - I try to be... <grin>) appreciates the logic behind the changes. And if John- O feels that it is the right thing to do - then so do I. Cause he knows a heck of a lot more about all this than I do...

Mac

LAV-25 2147

(in reply to US87891)
Post #: 3
RE: Updated BabesLite Scenarios - 9/9/2012 7:58:04 PM   
Hotschi

Excellent! I like the reasoning, and am all for it.

"One day, Tom, you'll be standing on a box on your bridge, and your ship will be smashed to pieces by bombers and torpedo aircraft; as she sinks, your last words will be "That was a f**ing great mine!""
- Air Marshal Arthur Harris to Adm Tom Phillips

(in reply to Mac Linehan)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Scenario Design and Modding >> Updated BabesLite Scenarios Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI