11th Army

Share your best strategies and tactics with other players by posting them here.

Moderator: Vic

rjh1971

11th Army

Post by rjh1971 »

I would to know how you guys move the 11th army once Sevastopol has been taken. In one game I'm nmoving it all the way towards Rostov I think transporting it through kerch is way too dangerous the soviet navy can wipe the the axis navy quiet easily.
Has anyone used the barges to cross the 11th army?
How have you neutralized the soviet navy? With air attacks when ever I tried I payed a high toll.
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
LiquidSky

RE: 11th Army

Post by LiquidSky »

I rail it. Takes a bit of time, but each piece does show up near the front line.
“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great
SCAF

Post by SCAF »

[font=calibri]I was considering an amphibious landing south of Rostov at one stage with the 11th Army but I think the Soviet navy is too dangerous.  Doesn’t look like the Soviet navy can be taken out, so I decided to avoid it. Settled for rail movement to help efforts near Rostov instead.[/font]
rjh1971

Post by rjh1971 »

ORIGINAL: LiquidSky

I rail it. Takes a bit of time, but each piece does show up near the front line.

Yeah that makes sense, have you looked at the readiness loss and how long does it take to recover?
GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI
Micke II

Post by Micke II »

Historically the 11th army was sent to Leningrad which was certainly a big strategical mistake. I am not sure the game reflects the withdrawal of units. It's could be a new option to add. If you want keep a unit requested by the OKH for another theater you need to spend political points.

Return to “The War Room”