43 Campaign Victory Locations

Share your gameplay tips, secret tactics and fabulous strategies with fellow gamers here.

Moderators: Joel Billings, Sabre21

rjs28023

43 Campaign Victory Locations

Post by rjs28023 »

In the 43 Campaign Game the Axis Player starts with 204 points. What locations are you fighting for besides Berlin at the end of Turn 118?

The 44 Campaign Game has as objectives that are legitimate objectives for AG North, but what about Romania, Hungary, and Warsaw? The Soviet AI is pursuing these AG North targets, and is not very interested in AG N. Ukraine or AG S. Ukraine.

Has something been left out and needs updating?
Randy
rjs28023

RE: 43 Campaign Victory Locations

Post by rjs28023 »

After further research I noticed that the 44 Campaign Game has Victory Point locations like a scenario has. They include Narva, Pskov, Riga, Tallin, Polotsk, Daugavpils, Kuressare, Ventspils, Liepaja, and Memel.

The Soviet AI is playing inordinate attention to everything north of the Dvina River. At one point AG North was facing about twenty tank and mechanized corps while AG N. Ukriane is still on the Bug River and Rumania is still fighting in January 1945.

Only the programmer will know if the Victory Point locations are driving the AI, or if their display is just something that should not be there and the AI is focusing on Heavy Urban, Light Urban and city hexes as well as the capitals.

My experience, as of January 11, 1945, tells me the AI wants Courland and Konigsburg.

Please check this out and fix in the next update.

Thanks.
Randy
rjs28023

RE: 43 Campaign Victory Locations

Post by rjs28023 »

I went back and checked all of my saved game files for the Campaign 44 Game. The Axis Player starts with 160 VP's and I am down to 152 so that means the computer is counting Heavy Urban, Light Urban and City hexes that have changed hands. I have lost Vitebsk, Mogilev, Pskov, Minsk, Kishinev and Tallinn which dropped me from 160 to 152. You can safely ignore The Toggle Victory Locations under the Map Information Tab. The computer is not counting these locations at so many points per turn and at the end of the game. At least now I know how the score is being kept so that I can plan of winning. I can also bring back the Warsaw Infantry Division which just sailed from Riga to Kuressare to hold that port a little longer.
Randy

Return to “The War Room”