Matrix Games Forums

War in the West gets its first update!Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm version 2.08 is now available!Command gets huge update!Order of Battle: Pacific Featured on Weekly Streaming SessionA new fight for Battle Academy!Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager is out for Mac!The definitive wargame of the Western Front is out now! War in the West gets teaser trailer and Twitch Stream!New Preview AAR for War in the West!War in the West Manual preview
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why does OKH percentage keep dropping?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? - 9/4/2012 1:24:18 PM   
James Ward

My OKH commander's percentage has dropped from 65% to 40% after about a month of playing the main campaign. What makes it drop?
Post #: 1
RE: Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? - 9/4/2012 1:29:51 PM   
Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Ward

My OKH commander's percentage has dropped from 65% to 40% after about a month of playing the main campaign. What makes it drop?

The arrival and flow through of new staff replacements. Hover over the % for the exact caculation of the percentage (or press right mouse button).

best,
Vic

Victor Reijkersz Designs
www.vrdesigns.nl

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 2
RE: Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? - 9/4/2012 2:28:21 PM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Ward

The arrival and flow through of new staff replacements. Hover over the % for the exact caculation of the percentage (or press right mouse button).

best,
Vic

Does playing cards have an effect?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 3
RE: Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? - 9/4/2012 4:38:46 PM   
alex0809

It doesn't really matter anyway as far as I know because the percentage only matters for units involved in combat DIRECTLY under the HQ. And even if you have units under OKH command directly involved in combat, unless those units are within power range of OKH they get 0 % bonus anyway.

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 4
RE: Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? - 9/4/2012 4:44:22 PM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: alex0809

It doesn't really matter anyway as far as I know because the percentage only matters for units involved in combat DIRECTLY under the HQ. And even if you have units under OKH command directly involved in combat, unless those units are within power range of OKH they get 0 % bonus anyway.

I thought it also had an effect on how much 'bonus' you get from a card.

(in reply to alex0809)
Post #: 5
RE: Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? - 9/4/2012 9:10:31 PM   
LiquidSky

No..the bonus from the cards comes from the attributes of the leader...for example Assault comes from Audacity. You can tell from the colour of the card..it matches the colour of the attribute it uses.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 6
RE: Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? - 9/4/2012 9:37:01 PM   
James Ward

^ So it wouldn't effect how many extra Infantry I received if I play the Request More Infantry card?

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 7
RE: Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? - 9/4/2012 9:42:53 PM   
SCAF

You will receive extra infantry on top of the normal replacements for that turn if you played the infantry card . Just remember each card get more expensive each time you play it.

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 8
RE: Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? - 9/4/2012 9:46:39 PM   
James Ward

^ I realize that. I was just wondering if the percentage of OKH effected how many extra troops I would receive. I played the infantry card twice and I receive a lot more the first time than the second, after my percentage dropped by 10%, but that could just be the way it is suppose to work.

(in reply to SCAF)
Post #: 9
RE: Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? - 9/5/2012 12:08:20 AM   
alex0809

No, the percentage is really ONLY for troops under direct command of the HQ in combat.

The amount of troops you get when you play each card is random. There is a base amount you always get + a random additional amount
eg. when you play an infantry you get:
always 5000 men + between 0 and 10000 men

IF I am reading the values correctly, no guarantee on that, I find the code a bit confusing. Either way, the important thing is that you can't influence it and there is nothing that influences it apart from the random draw. You can only retry if you get a bad dice roll

(in reply to James Ward)
Post #: 10
RE: Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? - 9/5/2012 1:13:11 PM   
James Ward

^ Thanks. Now Halder has been randomly replaced and the guy who took his spot is even worse as far as percentage goes. At this rate it'll be negative in a month :)

(in reply to alex0809)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> Why does OKH percentage keep dropping? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI