Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ultimate in Win7 64bit, window locations

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Ultimate in Win7 64bit, window locations Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ultimate in Win7 64bit, window locations - 9/4/2012 2:15:25 AM   
dlorentz

I assume this is an old issue, but I can't seem to find the answer looking through the forums.
I open up Commanders edition, relocate all my windows, ie Group, Unit etc according to my preferences, save the game and exit normally.
When I open up again, the windows are all in the default position again.
I found this link by TonyE:

HC window location/size registry reset for large fonts and other minor disasters:
(harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?autocom=downloads&showfile=228)

It seems to answer my problem, but I cannot find the proper file.
The link just takes me to the downloads section and I have searched and searched.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?
I've been playing this game for almost 25 years and I want to continue.
Daren
Post #: 1
RE: Ultimate in Win7 64bit, window locations - 9/4/2012 2:42:17 AM   
Vincenzo Beretta

Yes, it is a known problem. IIRC, you can find the solution here:
http://harpgamer.com/harpforum/index.php?/files/file/228-hce-clear-game-options-registry-settings/

Hope it helps!

FAQ
Harpoon for Dummies
Facebook

(in reply to dlorentz)
Post #: 2
RE: Ultimate in Win7 64bit, window locations - 9/4/2012 3:15:23 AM   
dlorentz

Thanks, I got the file this time.
Unfortunately, it only partially worked.

My Range Circles, Game options and staff options settings were remembered
but it still defaulted to the original locations and sizes of the group and Unit windows.

It does not matter if I run it maximized or windowed, I am in windows XP compatability mode, check marks under settings only for "disable visual themes"
(this was default)
Priviledge- run as administrator
Resolution 1280X1024

Daren

(in reply to dlorentz)
Post #: 3
RE: Ultimate in Win7 64bit, window locations - 9/5/2012 12:24:51 AM   
TonyE

Daren,
How are you closing out of the game? The window sizes and positions are saved when exiting the game. If it is crashing (a bigger problem imho) then your sizes won't be saved.

The download Vince pointed you to is only for removing the game settings so running it will definitely not help you save the window sizes (in fact each time you run the utility it resets them to default).

Any other clues from your end?

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to dlorentz)
Post #: 4
RE: Ultimate in Win7 64bit, window locations - 9/5/2012 5:42:37 AM   
dlorentz

Ya, I have never seen it act this way either, I thought it must have to do with how my shortcut is configured compatability-wise.
Game runs very stable, exits normally via File,Exit...
Maybe it saved Range circles and staff options properly before, but I never noticed.
So I guess my problem is not needing the windows positions reset, it's actually making sure they don't reset. (and I know this is what the program does by default)
I removed the check box from compatability mode and started it, still runs stable, exits normally.
I changed shortcut to run both maximized and windowed, don't notice a difference.
I am running a program called Ultramon for using multiple monitors. it ran side by side on my old notebook (winXP) with harpoon and never had a problem.
Although it does have a problem with harpoon ANW, I'll be troubleshooting that one later.
I can try to reinstall Harpoon CE and see if that helps, otherwise I'll uninstall ultramon and see if there is any difference.

Daren

(in reply to TonyE)
Post #: 5
RE: Ultimate in Win7 64bit, window locations - 9/5/2012 6:31:09 AM   
TonyE

Daren found that removing Ultramon resolved the issue. He is still able to use the multiple monitors with Windows' built-in capabilities. Thanks for your efforts Daren!

Sincerely,
Tony Eischens
Harpoon (HC, HCE, HUCE, Classic) programmer
HarpGamer.com Co-Owner

(in reply to dlorentz)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Larry Bond's Harpoon - Ultimate Edition >> Tech Support >> Ultimate in Win7 64bit, window locations Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI