Matrix Games Forums

Battle Academy is now available on SteamPlayers compare Ageods Civil War to Civil War IIDeal of the week - An updated War in the East goes half Price!Sign up for the Qvadriga beta for iPad and Android!Come and say hi at Pax and SaluteLegends of War goes on sale!Piercing Fortress Europa Gets UpdatedBattle Academy Mega Pack is now availableClose Combat: Gateway to Caen Teaser TrailerDeal of the Week Alea Jacta Est
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Introducing Intel Monkey (New Version: 0.4.0)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Introducing Intel Monkey (New Version: 0.4.0) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Introducing Intel Monkey (New Version: 0.4.0) - 2/12/2013 3:05:26 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: cmdrsam

Significant improvement as I am now able to access the screen to get reports. I have zero days however it says on my screen. Now most of that is my fault because I didn't have archive set up until right before I posted first message. Do I have to have Intel monkey running while I'm playing?

Each time you run Intel Monkey it "starts over" from scratch, reading in all the applicable files from that archive sub folder underneath the save sub folder. So, you don't have to have Intel Monkey running when AE is running. In fact, you could (if you wanted to) not run Intel Monkey for 50 turns, then run it, and it would look just the same as if you ran it every turn.

Because Intel Monkey does not (currently) keep it's own database, it relies on all the files being present in that archive sub folder. If you were to, say, play 1,000 turns and then delete all those archive files, Intel Monkey would come up empty. So of course never do that! My plans are for Intel Monkey to keep a database in the future. Right now there are still many improvements to come in how the report files are processed, meaning that there is more information in them to be found that Intel Monkey does not yet recognize. When those improvements are pretty much all done it will be time to look at exactly what sort of database is best for IM and use that to help with some advanced reporting functions.

Intel Monkey: https://sites.google.com/site/staffmonkeys/

(in reply to cmdrsam)
Post #: 91
RE: Introducing Intel Monkey (New Version: 0.4.0) - 2/12/2013 5:37:18 PM   
cmdrsam

Thank you sir. Think we are almost there I can now get to the screen saying basic signt report and basic combat. But clicking on these buttons says no days and no reports.

Trying to type this on my phone. Ok I have monkey in its own folder. Still in my download section. First line I have set for scenario through my matrix folder where game is at. Second line is set at default. Third line, I mispoke and it not 003 but 009. I clicked the proceed button and it appears to work fine. Few lines says something about cvs files. The I exit that and clicked on intelmonkey a. Because I am allied. And that's where it tell me after clicking basic Sig or combat buttons I have zero days.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 92
RE: Introducing Intel Monkey (New Version: 0.4.0) - 2/12/2013 6:47:36 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: cmdrsam

Thank you sir. Think we are almost there I can now get to the screen saying basic signt report and basic combat. But clicking on these buttons says no days and no reports.

Trying to type this on my phone. Ok I have monkey in its own folder. Still in my download section. First line I have set for scenario through my matrix folder where game is at. Second line is set at default. Third line, I mispoke and it not 003 but 009. I clicked the proceed button and it appears to work fine. Few lines says something about cvs files. The I exit that and clicked on intelmonkey a. Because I am allied. And that's where it tell me after clicking basic Sig or combat buttons I have zero days.

OK. You know how to get the Bases.txt file and you know it has to be in the same folder as Intel Monkey, so that part is good.

Next up is how does Intel Monkey find your archive sub folder? By default, if you do not edit the Intel monkey program file (the .py file), Intel Monkey is set up to presume it is in a certain sub folder. You have a folder for your main AE install

- Main AE install folder (exact name does not matter)
-- tools
--- Intel Monkey (exact name of this folder does not matter, but this is where Intel Monkey expects to be installed.)

From that spot, Intel Monkey backs upwards two levels, then goes downwards through the SAVE folder to find the archive folder.

- Main AE install folder (exact name does not matter)
-- SAVE
--- archive

So the easiest thing to do, is just copy (or move) that whole folder that you've created in your download section. Move it so that it is inside the 'tools' folder.

(in reply to cmdrsam)
Post #: 93
RE: Introducing Intel Monkey (New Version: 0.4.0) - 2/12/2013 7:42:15 PM   
cmdrsam

Hey, guess what works. Thank you for your response and patience to walk me through this. Also very much appreciate the time it took you to make this program.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 94
RE: Introducing Intel Monkey (New Version: 0.4.0) - 2/12/2013 7:58:14 PM   
witpqs

(in reply to cmdrsam)
Post #: 95
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: Introducing Intel Monkey (New Version: 0.4.0) Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI