Matrix Games Forums

Deal of the Week Pride of NationsTo End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

German Airbases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> German Airbases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
German Airbases - 9/3/2012 8:54:03 PM   
HITMAN202

There are plethora of them, some with 18,000 plus men each. Can't you disband some, without harm to the availability of aircraft for missions , as their men funnel to the reserves for infantry replacements ???

WITE is a good addiction with no cure.
Post #: 1
RE: German Airbases - 9/3/2012 11:45:51 PM   
Michael T

I would be very careful here. They don't regenerate like Soviet AF. Perhaps some Army ones could go. But I am reluctant to disband any German unit. Depends how desperate you are I guess.

'Deus le Volt!'
------------------

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 2
RE: German Airbases - 9/4/2012 2:35:57 AM   
turtlefang

I would strongly agree with Michael T on this one. Airbases are strategic assets that the Soviets can manipulate avaliablity to a degree, the Germans can't - you get what you get.

As far as eliminating or disbanding any other German unit, I generally haven't done it. The Germans need every unit they can get to hold the front when the Russian finally take the offensive.

(in reply to HITMAN202)
Post #: 3
RE: German Airbases - 9/4/2012 3:33:09 AM   
bigbaba

i disband the army air bases and let the ones under the command chain of luftflotten or fliegerkorps untouched.

their number is absolutly enough until the end.

(in reply to turtlefang)
Post #: 4
RE: German Airbases - 9/4/2012 3:55:09 AM   
Pelton

I disband all but 4 of the Rum bases asap, a uber waste of trucks. The trick here is keep refit off to all units until after blizzard and static mode garrison units. By 1942 summer you have a boat load of replasments for Rum infantry divisions for several yrs..

Same for German bases, you have way to many. Trick is dont disband them until after Blizzard.

Most people try to save german bombers, why?

The war is won or lost in 1942, I usem up, because they are 100% usless after 42.

You should beable to trim more after 42. Enough to base fighters only.

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DiSQ36zfWk

(in reply to bigbaba)
Post #: 5
RE: German Airbases - 9/4/2012 9:14:54 AM   
Denniss

The Romanian Infantry should not be used in heavy combat unless their rifle squads have been changed from the 17-men type to the 1942 10-men type. Better keep them at home with 50% TOE and on refit to gain experience/morale.

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 6
RE: German Airbases - 9/5/2012 2:12:50 AM   
Pelton

quote:

ORIGINAL: Denniss

The Romanian Infantry should not be used in heavy combat unless their rifle squads have been changed from the 17-men type to the 1942 10-men type. Better keep them at home with 50% TOE and on refit to gain experience/morale.

If your playing to win in 42 you will need them on river defence for flank protection in south. They can easly hold rivers, this make a huge difference at the area of main assaults.

You can pull out 15ish German infantry divisions and have then fighting and not babysitting.

The war is won or lost in 42 now you can't be wasting german infantry guarding flanks rum and huns can easly guard.

Axis units DO NOT GAIN MORALE SITTING. This big lie has been disproven more then once by more then a dozon poeple.

Your new so here goes.

Axis units will gain morale up to 50. 1 pt a turn. after that there is a very very very small chance of gaining 1 pt (%5) up to 60 then you gain nothing. So if you want to have units sitting around hoping to gain a single point of morale good luck dude. I just have them fight a few easy battle and be back at 70. If leader gets a good roll they gain 2 pts in a single battle.

I have my allies clean up pockets ect and a little morale. Both minor allies are as good as any Russian unit in 42. Come 43 I will mix them in with german units or put them in the 2nd line.

Good German players dont waste units.

GHC
22 - 4 - 8

15 games ended in 41 (15-0-0)
7 games ended in 42 (5-0-2)
8 games ended in 43 (2-3-3)
4 games ended in 44 (0-1-3)

General Cheesefinder of WitW

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DiSQ36zfWk

(in reply to Denniss)
Post #: 7
RE: German Airbases - 9/5/2012 1:42:36 PM   
rrbill

thanks for some unexpected and interesting play this.

(in reply to Pelton)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> German Airbases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI