Matrix Games Forums

Characters of World War 1Sign of for the Pike and Shot Beta!More Games are Coming to Steam! Deal of the Week: Combat Command Return to the Moon on October 31st! Commander: The Great War iPad Wallpapers Generals of the Great WarDeal of the Week Panzer CorpsNew Strategy Titles Join the FamilyTablet Version of Qvadriga gets new patch
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

PZ Div move'n Slow

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> PZ Div move'n Slow Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
PZ Div move'n Slow - 9/3/2012 5:16:33 PM   
AP514

I have a few PZ divisions that are move'n like Inf......1 of the division has 300 Inf , 40 Halftracks , about 100 tanks and , 10 -20mm flak unit but can only move 4 hexes in my own territory it ihas the PZ on the division. It is really hurting my advance ( can not keep up ) Has 100% fuel and in Green supply. 9th PZ, XXXIV

Any Ideas would be great.....might be that the unit has been move'n from the start of the campaign ? does it need to resupply/rest...something I missed ??

AP514
Post #: 1
RE: PZ Div move'n Slow - 9/3/2012 6:12:37 PM   
LiquidSky

If it is missing transport for the infantry, it will move at the speed of the slowest sub-component (the infantry). Although it does seem you have enough transport.

What's the sense of sending $2 million missiles to hit a $10 tent that's empty?

— President George W. Bush, Oval Office meeting, 13 September 2001.

(in reply to AP514)
Post #: 2
RE: PZ Div move'n Slow - 9/3/2012 7:28:48 PM   
sandman2575

When you click on one of the Pz. Div. regiments, check out the white silhouette on the left-hand side of the info. window. If it shows a 'crouching infantry' icon, it means too much of your organic transport has been knocked out due to combat. Thus, it can only move with 'foot' speed, because it lack sufficient motorized transport. (Ideally the silhouette should be the 'panzer' or 'halftrack' or 'truck' to indicate it is moving at that appropriate speed).

The thing to do is "Prioritize" the div. on the 'replacements' toggle, and then play the "Trucks" card, which will send lots of trucks to OKH, which will then filter down to the Prioritized unit, getting its motorized transport back up to standard TO&E.

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 3
RE: PZ Div move'n Slow - 9/3/2012 8:15:53 PM   
Keunert

or maybe you run out of oil?
go to statistics then click regime statistics then oil

(in reply to sandman2575)
Post #: 4
RE: PZ Div move'n Slow - 9/3/2012 9:56:28 PM   
aspqrz

Working on TO&E and OOB changes that will include separating Panzers from Infantry in Panzer and Motorised Divisions, coupled with creating PanzerGrenadier sftype (Sdkfz 251's with Infantry combat values added) to keep them mobile (i.e. the Panzergrenadiers die with their halftracks, and use halftrack replacements ... so you never get infantry speed Armoured units).

Waiting on Soviet OOB/TO&E material to complete it, though, and reworking deployment based on The Gamers "Case Blue" board game as well ...

Real Soon Now ... as they say in the software business

Phil

Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)
----------------------------------------------
Email: aspqrz@tpg.com.au

(in reply to AP514)
Post #: 5
RE: PZ Div move'n Slow - 9/4/2012 3:06:27 AM   
LiquidSky

Hmm...I wonder if it is possible to give the Tanks an attribute in the editor to allow them to transport infantry...
I will have to check that out.

(in reply to aspqrz)
Post #: 6
RE: PZ Div move'n Slow - 9/4/2012 7:24:18 AM   
aspqrz

Yes, of course!

You simply give their sfType a Carry Cap in the Statistics 1 Screen of the Editor.

A "1" would make them the equivalent of a Halftrack, which is too high, a "0.5" would be better, but I don't know if that value would be rounded up.

Phil

Author, Space Opera (FGU); RBB #1 (FASA); Road to Armageddon; Farm, Forge and Steam; Orbis Mundi; Displaced (PGD)

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 7
RE: PZ Div move'n Slow - 9/4/2012 9:22:35 PM   
LiquidSky

Hmm...seems it has to be an integer. Not sure if it will matter as the I would hope that giving the tanks a carry capacity, they will be able to make up the shortfall in the primary transport. The game will still take the halftracks as replacements, but will no longer allow the unit to move slow when 800 men are in transport, and 100 are not, as the 100 will be carryied by the tanks.

Probably what the game should be doing is killing the men as well when they transport they are in is killed, to keep the numbers even.

(in reply to aspqrz)
Post #: 8
RE: PZ Div move'n Slow - 9/4/2012 11:52:25 PM   
aspqrz

Do what I did. Create a Panzergrenadier sftype ... basically a Halftrack with infantry combat values ... using Halftrack replacements rather than infantry replacements.

This means that when the Halftrack dies, the Infantry *value* does as well ... so you get no problems with Panzer units being slowed down.

I did the same with Motorcycle Recon ... Trucks with Infantry values, likewise, but using Infantry replacements (assuming Motorcycles are more readily available than Trucks, but you could require Truck replacements) ...

For Bicycle Infantry, I added a Bicycle movement class that has Cavalry like movement in Urban areas and towns, on Plains and Roads, but is otherwise Infantry.

Likewise, created SP 20mm and 37mm Flak by taking Trucks and adding the appropriate Flak values, using Artillery replacements (again, because there are relatively few of these).

You can do all sorts of things like that

Phil

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 9
RE: PZ Div move'n Slow - 9/25/2012 2:10:55 PM   
AP514

quote:

ORIGINAL: sandman2575

When you click on one of the Pz. Div. regiments, check out the white silhouette on the left-hand side of the info. window. If it shows a 'crouching infantry' icon, it means too much of your organic transport has been knocked out due to combat. Thus, it can only move with 'foot' speed, because it lack sufficient motorized transport. (Ideally the silhouette should be the 'panzer' or 'halftrack' or 'truck' to indicate it is moving at that appropriate speed).

OK the div has the "HALF TRACK" icon...It is in supply and I have alot of Oil..98K. I still only move 4 hexes max in open.....is it a BUG ??

< Message edited by AP514 -- 9/25/2012 2:11:30 PM >

(in reply to sandman2575)
Post #: 10
RE: PZ Div move'n Slow - 9/25/2012 3:45:25 PM   
Blond_Knight

Is it going through an enemy ZOC? Or rough terrain?

(in reply to AP514)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Decisive Campaigns: Case Blue >> PZ Div move'n Slow Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI