Matrix Games Forums

Pandora: Eclipse of Nashira is now availableDistant Worlds Gets another updateHell is Approaching Deal of the Week Battle Academy Battle Academy 2 Out now!Legions of Steel ready for betaBattle Academy 2 gets trailers and Steam page!Deal of the Week Germany at WarSlitherine Group acquires Shenandoah StudioNew information and screenshots for Pike & Shot
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie Question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Newbie Question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie Question - 9/2/2012 8:53:42 PM   
Alan Sharif

OK, I am not exactly a newbie but I have recently tried to get a little more adventurous with my warfare. What I tried to do was carry an army, on a fleet, from Greece to invade Sciliy. Getting the army on and off the fleet is simple but the army, once ashore, are out of supply, ( I believe), and the expected siege did not happen. Am I missing something?

A Sharif
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie Question - 10/6/2012 10:12:00 PM   
terje439

Sorry for not seing this earlier.
You need to run a supply chain from a supply base on the mainland out into the sea areas. You build them just like you do on land.
The siege did not occur due to the lack of supply.

Terje

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 2
RE: Newbie Question - 11/2/2012 8:38:06 PM   
Fluffer

You don't need supply to siege.
I was able to siege sicily with 2 infantry and 2 artillery with the engineer upgrade(it triples siege strength) without any supply. It had a garrison of a militia, infantry and lt cav.

I think your problem is that sicily, calabria and naples build regional bonus units of 2 inf, 1 lt cav and 1 irr cav per year. So sicily probably had a big garrison and your siege strength wasn't enough to pass the siege check. So you didn't see the "siege in palmero" message at the beginning of the turn, you were expecting. But, even if the siege strength check fails your still killing a few hundred men through starvation.

Look at the event or battle report. Hit F!(help) and look at the section on sieges.

(in reply to Alan Sharif)
Post #: 3
RE: Newbie Question - 11/2/2012 11:33:28 PM   
Fluffer

It was an amphib invasion, not by land.

(in reply to Fluffer)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory: Emperor's Edition >> Newbie Question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI