HARD Sarge

Eagle Day to Bombing of the Reich is a improved and enhanced edition of Talonsoft's older Battle of Britain and Bombing the Reich. This updated version represents the best simulation of the air war over Britain and the strategic bombing campaign over Europe that has ever been made.

Moderators: Joel Billings, harley, warshipbuilder, simovitch

AFIntel

HARD Sarge

Post by AFIntel »

I was wondering if anyone has heard from him? He hasn't apparently logged in since March. [&:]
AFIntel

RE: HARD Sarge

Post by AFIntel »

"Anyone?...anyone?....Bueller?...Bueller?"
harley

Post by harley »

No idea, I'm sorry.

I've reached out to David Heath for some info. It's the only lead I have.
gigiddy gigiddy gig-i-ddy
AFIntel

Post by AFIntel »

No problem, just curious.

He was so prolific on these boards, and then it seemed he dropped off completely about March of this year.

Thanks for the follow up.
john_txic

Post by john_txic »

So that's the Patch gone for a ball of chalk then?
The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
FWCondor

Post by FWCondor »

If you look at the members list his last login is shown as the 27th October - 4 days ago. Or am I reading it wrong
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: harley

No idea, I'm sorry.

Not sure David is part of Matrix Games anymore. I think he left a few moths ago.
wernerpruckner

Post by wernerpruckner »

Hard Sarge is active......
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

Good news, maybe we will hear something new about the patch[;)]
CarnageINC

Post by CarnageINC »

Don't hold your breath about the patch. Sarge probably won't be putting the patch out at all. After all its been years and hes only one guy and probably has burnt out. Yeah yeah, I'm a pessimist [:'(]
mikkey

Post by mikkey »

CarnageINC, you'll probably be right, but hope dies last[;)]
john_txic

Post by john_txic »

This is the last Matrix game I will ever buy. It has been abandoned.
The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind.
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: john_txic

This is the last Matrix game I will ever buy. It has been abandoned.
LOL - look around mate and see what other software house supports their games more than a year after release? Answer few to none! 1-3 mths is the norm for most!

Most Matrix games are supported for longer than that but unfortunately that doesn't seems to be the case with this game; The 1.02 patch was released 15 Dec 2009 and the game was released 23 Sep 2009.. (unless someone can point me to a beta?). Still that should not deter you from other Matrix purchases.

A fine example of that is Witp-ae, released July, 2009 ... still being patched and enhanced.

So, is this game underdone compared to other Matrix offerings? Probably ...
wodin

Post by wodin »

Matrix aren't that great when it comes to their inhouse productions sadly. They either never get completed or even started or they are remakes of older games, quick facelift kind off thing. They do find good outside talent though like Panther games and Gary Grigsby etc etc.

This game is one of those oldies given a quick go over..once the part time "fans" grow bored though the game gets left..TOAW3 for instance the ones working on it still play the game..with this one though once the "fans" had enough then thats it. It had no real development team working on it. Combat Command is another..it took alot of moaning to get a recent fix done..but I doubt anything will be done after that.
wodin

Post by wodin »

ORIGINAL: harley

No idea, I'm sorry.

Doesn't work here anymore from what I've gathered.
john_txic

Post by john_txic »

Leaving aside the insult, I should also point out that this was the first Matrix game I have ever purchased.

Even a 5-star Matrix Trooper should acknowledge that I could have had a better first-time buyer experience....
n01487477

Post by n01487477 »

ORIGINAL: john_txic

Leaving aside the insult, I should also point out that this was the first Matrix game I have ever purchased.

Even a 5-star Matrix Trooper should acknowledge that I could have had a better first-time buyer experience....
Yes John - you are right. I've amended my post above and I think you got a very bad first experience with Matrix on this game. I would feel pretty bad by this support as well, especially for a fairly expensive rebooted niche game. And additionally as I know how good most of the games are supported here.

Probably, why I haven't purchased this game ...

Hope no hard feelings and I'm sorry.
john_txic

Post by john_txic »

Sir, you are a Gentleman.

Return to “Gary Grigsby's Eagle Day to Bombing the Reich”