Matrix Games Forums

Ageod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery Battle Academy 2: Eastern Front - End of Early Access Space Program Manager unveils its multiplayer modes Another update for Commander: The Great War!Distant Worlds: Universe gets a new update
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Andy Roddick

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Andy Roddick Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Andy Roddick - 9/1/2012 5:37:37 AM   
flanyboy

Andy Roddick announced his retirement the other day. Played better than he has in a long time in the 2nd round. I don't think he will win the US Open Novak is just too good... probably Del Po also but I will miss him. Some people don't like his brash complainy attitude but the guy is a phenomenal competitor. Some people label him a 1 slam wonder but I'm not sure you can call a 5 time GS finalist a 1 slam wonder. 4 Runner Ups have to count for something. That's like saying a band with one #1 single a one hit wonder when they had 4 other singles in the top 10.
Post #: 1
RE: Andy Roddick - 9/1/2012 3:37:39 PM   
**budd**

He just came around at a bad time. Federer in his prime was just too good. As any of those hall of fame players who never got a NBA championship when Jordan was in his prime could tell you. I don't watch much Tennis anymore, is there any American coming down the pipe who looks like the next big thing?

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to flanyboy)
Post #: 2
RE: Andy Roddick - 9/3/2012 5:08:33 AM   
flanyboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: **budd**

He just came around at a bad time. Federer in his prime was just too good. As any of those hall of fame players who never got a NBA championship when Jordan was in his prime could tell you. I don't watch much Tennis anymore, is there any American coming down the pipe who looks like the next big thing?

Ryan Harrison is supose to be the next big thing but if he will put it together is another matter. He is one of only 2 players 20 years or younger in the top 100 right now.

John Isner could also get a US Open at some point. Made the Quarters last year and a huge serve. He beat Federer last year on Clay and at the time world #1 this spring Novak but he's already 26 due to attending college and his consistency has held him back at majors. Huge game but difficulty holding up over 2 weeks time.

(in reply to **budd**)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Andy Roddick Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote