AirHQ prep question

This new stand alone release based on the legendary War in the Pacific from 2 by 3 Games adds significant improvements and changes to enhance game play, improve realism, and increase historical accuracy. With dozens of new features, new art, and engine improvements, War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition brings you the most realistic and immersive WWII Pacific Theater wargame ever!

Moderators: wdolson, MOD_War-in-the-Pacific-Admirals-Edition

jmalter

AirHQ prep question

Post by jmalter »

like any other LCU, an AirHQ has a 'set future objective' button.

AirHQs are high-value units, i like the way they give an increase to the number of 'groups supported' at airbases in their command radius.

my question is, should the AirHQ be prepped for its base-hex, or for the target-hex of the airgroups in its radius?

examples:
at Ledo, i've got transport planes flying supply to Tsuyung, but the transport sqns are suffering high ops losses. if i move an AirHQ to Ledo, should it be prepped for Ledo(base) or Tsuyung(target)?

down at Port Moresby, i've defeated the IJ assault, built up the air-base, and shipped in an AirHQ (50 air-support + torpedo reloads, yum!). should i keep this AirHQ's objective at Port Moresby, or should i set it to train for an enemy base? i've got a coupla' four sqns of Mitchells & Liberators bombing Rabaul out of PM, would they do better if the AirHQ at PM was prepped for the target(Rabaul), instead of the base(Port Moresby)?
castor troy

RE: AirHQ prep question

Post by castor troy »

ORIGINAL: jmalter

like any other LCU, an AirHQ has a 'set future objective' button.

AirHQs are high-value units, i like the way they give an increase to the number of 'groups supported' at airbases in their command radius.

my question is, should the AirHQ be prepped for its base-hex, or for the target-hex of the airgroups in its radius?

examples:
at Ledo, i've got transport planes flying supply to Tsuyung, but the transport sqns are suffering high ops losses. if i move an AirHQ to Ledo, should it be prepped for Ledo(base) or Tsuyung(target)?

down at Port Moresby, i've defeated the IJ assault, built up the air-base, and shipped in an AirHQ (50 air-support + torpedo reloads, yum!). should i keep this AirHQ's objective at Port Moresby, or should i set it to train for an enemy base? i've got a coupla' four sqns of Mitchells & Liberators bombing Rabaul out of PM, would they do better if the AirHQ at PM was prepped for the target(Rabaul), instead of the base(Port Moresby)?

base hex as that's the only way it got any function, in case you are attacked, your air HQ gets a better adjusted av, even if it only has support squads, also these contribute (a little) to the defense

Return to “War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition”