Matrix Games Forums

To End All Wars Releasing on Steam! Slitherine is recruiting: Programmers requiredPandora: Eclipse of Nashira gets release dateCommunity impressions of To End All WarsAgeod's To End All Wars is now availableTo End All Wars is now available!Deal of the Week: Field of GloryTo End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!Ageod's To End All Wars: Video, AAR and Interview!To End All Wars: Artillery
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AirHQ prep question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> AirHQ prep question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AirHQ prep question - 8/31/2012 8:30:37 AM   
jmalter

like any other LCU, an AirHQ has a 'set future objective' button.

AirHQs are high-value units, i like the way they give an increase to the number of 'groups supported' at airbases in their command radius.

my question is, should the AirHQ be prepped for its base-hex, or for the target-hex of the airgroups in its radius?

examples:
at Ledo, i've got transport planes flying supply to Tsuyung, but the transport sqns are suffering high ops losses. if i move an AirHQ to Ledo, should it be prepped for Ledo(base) or Tsuyung(target)?

down at Port Moresby, i've defeated the IJ assault, built up the air-base, and shipped in an AirHQ (50 air-support + torpedo reloads, yum!). should i keep this AirHQ's objective at Port Moresby, or should i set it to train for an enemy base? i've got a coupla' four sqns of Mitchells & Liberators bombing Rabaul out of PM, would they do better if the AirHQ at PM was prepped for the target(Rabaul), instead of the base(Port Moresby)?
Post #: 1
RE: AirHQ prep question - 8/31/2012 10:58:26 AM   
castor troy

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmalter

like any other LCU, an AirHQ has a 'set future objective' button.

AirHQs are high-value units, i like the way they give an increase to the number of 'groups supported' at airbases in their command radius.

my question is, should the AirHQ be prepped for its base-hex, or for the target-hex of the airgroups in its radius?

examples:
at Ledo, i've got transport planes flying supply to Tsuyung, but the transport sqns are suffering high ops losses. if i move an AirHQ to Ledo, should it be prepped for Ledo(base) or Tsuyung(target)?

down at Port Moresby, i've defeated the IJ assault, built up the air-base, and shipped in an AirHQ (50 air-support + torpedo reloads, yum!). should i keep this AirHQ's objective at Port Moresby, or should i set it to train for an enemy base? i've got a coupla' four sqns of Mitchells & Liberators bombing Rabaul out of PM, would they do better if the AirHQ at PM was prepped for the target(Rabaul), instead of the base(Port Moresby)?

base hex as that's the only way it got any function, in case you are attacked, your air HQ gets a better adjusted av, even if it only has support squads, also these contribute (a little) to the defense

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> AirHQ prep question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI