Matrix Games Forums

A closer look at rockets in Space Program ManagerDeal of the Week - Pride of NationsA new update for Piercing Fortress EuropaNew screenshots for War in the West!Pike & Shot is now available!Server Maintenance Battle Academy 2 gets updated!Deal of the Week: Advanced Tactics Gold Ask Buzz Aldrin!Pike & Shot gets Release Date and Twitch Session!
Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Custom PDF Scenario Cards for User created Firefights?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Custom PDF Scenario Cards for User created Firefights? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Custom PDF Scenario Cards for User created Firefights? - 8/30/2012 6:50:26 PM   
Double Deuce

Just wondering if there is any interest in players having available a custom designed scenario card as part of my user created scenario download packages?

Basically what I mean is, would players like to have a PDF with more detailed information on the firefight included in that download so that they can refer to information about the scenario outside of loading the game? It would include things such as the scenario description, number of turns, maps size, scenario size, recommended rule settings, order of battle for each side, designer notes, a map screenshot, etc.

EDIT: Updated this post with a draft sample of the FRONT of a scenario card format I am working on for the scenario's I create.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Double Deuce -- 8/31/2012 7:09:43 AM >

Combat Campaigns Blog
Post #: 1
RE: Custom PDF Scenario Cards for User created Firefights? - 8/30/2012 8:13:02 PM   
ericbabe

The scenario card is a good idea. If we get a critical mass of fan-created firefights, I'd like to find a way to organize them online so that people can install them easily and play them in multiplayer games easily. It would be good to have this sort of information about the scenario standardized somehow so that users can browse user-created firefights easily.

(in reply to Double Deuce)
Post #: 2
RE: Custom PDF Scenario Cards for User created Firefights? - 8/31/2012 7:08:52 AM   
Double Deuce

EDIT: Updated this post with a draft sample of the BACK of a scenario card format I am working on for the scenario's I create.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Double Deuce -- 8/31/2012 7:10:01 AM >

Combat Campaigns Blog

(in reply to ericbabe)
Post #: 3
RE: Custom PDF Scenario Cards for User created Firefights? - 8/31/2012 7:12:05 AM   
Double Deuce

Please note that these are screenshots of "draft" copies. I have made some minor changes/updates since these were generated.

Combat Campaigns Blog

Post #: 4
RE: Custom PDF Scenario Cards for User created Firefights? - 8/31/2012 2:16:40 PM   
z1812

They look very professional.

Post #: 5
RE: Custom PDF Scenario Cards for User created Firefights? - 8/31/2012 3:09:57 PM   
Jamm

They look good.
They would work well as a splash screen before unit deployment.

When the going gets weird,... the weird turn pro
Hunter S Thompson

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jamm-works/669418463128598?ref=bookmarks

(in reply to z1812)
Post #: 6
RE: Custom PDF Scenario Cards for User created Firefights? - 8/31/2012 3:22:15 PM   
Double Deuce

Thanks for the feedback. I'm an old school boardgamer so I like to have something to review before playing a scenario, missions or firefight. Something to look at and get an overall picture of what units I have, what I need to do to win. I was going to go with full blown Operations Orders for each side but figured that might be going a little too far.

Combat Campaigns Blog

(in reply to Jamm)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Custom PDF Scenario Cards for User created Firefights? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI